Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So economic stimulous in hand Im ready to get my duals, but I have two problems. One, i'm still under waranty so I cant replace the downpipe yet and 2 nobody seems to sell the kits with ought muflers. I removed the muffler and bought a stainless kitty killer a long time ago. I love the sound!
I want a stainless system but I dont want a muffler and I need to be able to install the cat if i have to.
Also I suppose I might as well get a turbo back system as Dec 31 my waranty is done.
I want stainless but it doesnt have to be shiney. I dont care about brand as long as it's Madrel bent and comes with Rolled Tips.
Any insight as to where/ who I can get this from?
Im a tight Wad so price is a factor, but I dont want it to look like Crap.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
529 Posts
i went to rmpoutlet.com to order mine, i think its a flo-pro. its aluminized mandrel bent not stainless but i believe it has a 5 year warranty, it also came with 2 5" rolled tips free. it was about $420 to $450 bucks. and if you have a shortbed it somes with enough extra pipe to straight pipe it, but with duals thats a little hard bc you have to make the split for the duals.

sorry about the long post

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
IMO, go with an MBRP duals setup, turbo back. Having an aftermarket exhaust will not void your warranty (provided you bolt the cat back in place when you go for service) You are looking for the T409 stainless, non polished. The fit and finish on the MBRP systems is great. You will have to buy the system with muffler, and then buy the muffler delete pipe seperate which is about an additional 100 bucks. I run mine with a cat delete pipe and kept the muffler, theres pics of my setup in my gallery. My .02 cents

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would imagine you could go to a local muffler shop and see if they have the ability to bend 4" pipe. My friend did that on his and he paid $200. Out of curiosity why do you want to go duals? From what i understand they only add to the cost of the system and give you no more power/mpg than any single aftermarket system. When considering aluminum coated pipe, keep in mind diesel exhaust is oil based which will make the pipes last longer. In that case, Farmboys makes a great kit and I have a tip I will sell for $50, 4" in and 5" out chrome, still in original plastic

good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
If you have an AFE cat delete, you can buy an AFE dual system and retain that delete option. They do come with a muffler though.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Contact gus at farmboys diesel he could help you out alot.

·
Registered
190 Posts
IMO, go with an MBRP duals setup, turbo back. Having an aftermarket exhaust will not void your warranty (provided you bolt the cat back in place when you go for service) You are looking for the T409 stainless, non polished. The fit and finish on the MBRP systems is great. You will have to buy the system with muffler, and then buy the muffler delete pipe seperate which is about an additional 100 bucks. I run mine with a cat delete pipe and kept the muffler, theres pics of my setup in my gallery. My .02 cents
Couldn't agree with Dude more... The MBRP system is a good fit and the quality is exellent here in the northeast winters it won't void your warrentee and you have the flexibility to swap back you cat very easy. I opted for both delete pipes and have yet to install the muffler:thumb: been having crazy ideas bout a smoke stack on the diesel kubota tractor using the muffler :crazy:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
well i have a 7.3 and have the mbrp cool duals i did have to buy my own tips (i wanted 6") and i still have the muffler cause i dont have enough money to get the delete pipe yet but i love it

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I would imagine you could go to a local muffler shop and see if they have the ability to bend 4" pipe. My friend did that on his and he paid $200. Out of curiosity why do you want to go duals? From what i understand they only add to the cost of the system and give you no more power/mpg than any single aftermarket system. When considering aluminum coated pipe, keep in mind diesel exhaust is oil based which will make the pipes last longer. In that case, Farmboys makes a great kit and I have a tip I will sell for $50, 4" in and 5" out chrome, still in original plastic

good luck!
Not too many of your local muffler shops have the ability to do mandrel bends and I wouldn't have a system with compression bends in it. Perhaps you don't understand the significance of the difference.

The duals will not give you any additional power but they look good and I think they sound better. I just did a full 4" on mine using a 4"downpipe and cat delete from RPM Outlet and a Magnaflow dual setup all in 409 SS. I didn't like the U clamps in the Magnaflow kit and replace all except the two on the Y pipe with the hangers with 4" SS band clamps. They do a much better job of sealing the exhaust and don't crush the pipes. The 1st section of the downpipe that hooks to the turbo was about 2.5" to 3" too long. The second stage would not line up correctly. I had to take it back off and trim 3" out of it. Other than those few tweaks it wasn't bad. I still have a vibration from the downpipe rattling on the pinch weld on the firewall. I will take care of that this weekend.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I checked around and was made an offer i couldnt refuse on a Magnaflow 4" turboback system so i guess thats done. Now im off in the quest for gauges. so many mods so litlle money....

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Talk to gus. Cool guy and will set you up right.

Just got an idea.... someones gotta make a "Quick-Change" muffler haha. push a button, it drops out and slide another pipe back up in hahaha. for that OFF ROAD sounds ya know hzhahaha!?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well after my trip to the cost for Diving, I got home and could'nt resist. I installed the exhaust and all ive got to say is where did my truck go??? it's so quiet.... im going to give it a month or so if it's still this quiet im hunting a muffler delete pipe.
Anyone know where i can source more of those little rubber exhaust hangers? i brok one.
thanks GG

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Mine is real quiet cruising around but it really wakes up when you hit the go pedal. I like it a lot that way but it is pretty quiet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts