Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This CAN'T be right but I'm afraid I'll discover it is. The way my climate control system is designed, I can only control the driver and passenger temperature independently. To me, this is ridiculous because if you're riding solo and you simply want to change the temperature of the cabin, you have to change it twice. For yourself (the driver) and for the passenger that isn't even there. My wife had a Murano with dual climate controls and it had a button that allowed for independent control or "driver only" control so that it made the outflowing temperature on both sides the same and also controlled both of them with only the driver's side control. Do I have this ability or am I sorely missing something??

·
Registered
372 Posts
There is a button for dual or something like that. I have to go look at the truck for the label. This makes it a single zone with one control. I always have mine set this way.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a button for dual or something like that. I have to go look at the truck for the label. This makes it a single zone with one control. I always have mine set this way.
Well...I don't have the manual in front of me but if I recall there are two different looking climate control systems that are dual zone. If memory serves the one that has the ability to do this also have heated seats. Does yours have heated seats?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mine does have heated seats. I didn't realize there were separate ones.

I'll post a pic of what I have in about an hr when I get home.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine does have heated seats. I didn't realize there were separate ones.

I'll post a pic of what I have in about an hr when I get home.
Damn. I was hoping you were going to say "no" and that there was still something that I was overlooking. Either way, I'll post a pic of mine when I get home this evening so anyone with the same system can see it. Then if they have no insight, they can complain about it also!:)

·
Registered
372 Posts
The button is marked dual on mine. Its all the way on the right in the pic below:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The button is marked dual on mine. Its all the way on the right in the pic below:

Yep. That's the one with the heated seats. Mine doesn't have them. Therefore, a different setup. That stinks. I'll post a picture of mine later so you can see the difference. It just seems dumb that you have to have the heated seat option to have the "dual" button. Oh well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Bummer! I had no idea they were different.

Learn something new about these things every day...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bummer! I had no idea they were different.

Learn something new about these things every day...
Yep. Even things you may not want to know, it appears. Bummer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a picture of my climate controls as promised.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
That is a bummer. I wonder why they don't give that option.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I just read through the manual, and I can't find anything that will let you overtake the passenger side temp control. Of the three automatic climate controls available, your's has to be the only one without a "Dual" function. I am really sorry about that. That kinda sucks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Can you turn off auto and go manual? Would you be able to do it as one zone then or still have both seperate?

I almost never use the auto mode. I usually just do mine manually. Don't recall if the manual option works as 2 seperate or just one but maybe another thing to check? Just throwing things out there now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
learn something new every day mine does not have heated seat (live in Fla) so no dual button

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
learn something new every day mine does not have heated seat (live in Fla) so no dual button
There is one auto climate that doesn't have heated seats but has a dual button. It's in place of the heated mirrors. If you have heated mirrors and no heated seats you are out of luck. :doh:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Me + heated outside mirrors = screwed. Oh well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can you turn off auto and go manual? Would you be able to do it as one zone then or still have both seperate?

I almost never use the auto mode. I usually just do mine manually. Don't recall if the manual option works as 2 seperate or just one but maybe another thing to check? Just throwing things out there now.
I hear ya and I appreciate it. However, it's quite weird. In non "auto" mode which is what I ALWAYS use, you must control them independently. In "auto" mode, each person still controls their zone temperature but the fan does it's thing based on what the driver's side temperature is set at. It really makes absolutely no sense to me. I actually wonder if it can be chalked up to an oversight. Ummmmm......oops!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yikes. Thats annoying. I am glad I (by pure luck) have the right combo to have the dual button. I wasn't really looking for heated seats but the truck I liked just happened to have them.

Too bad its probably really expensive to change it. :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yikes. Thats annoying. I am glad I (by pure luck) have the right combo to have the dual button. I wasn't really looking for heated seats but the truck I liked just happened to have them.

Too bad its probably really expensive to change it. :(
Change it? And have to spend more time trying to find something to complain about? Not on your life, buddy!:)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hahah. There was a guy like you on a Toyota forum I was on back in the day. We called him Mr SuperPicky ;)

All in fun of course. It is still a bummer.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts