Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few people that have takin out there 7.3 and put a DT 466 in there truck... Im trying to find out a lil bit more on how to do this and roughly how much is this gonna cost me?? ANY INPUT WOULD HELP ALOT

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bump: anyone at all???

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Well... one thing I can tell you.... that will be a tight fit.

While it's only 22 cui larger in displacement than a 7.3 powerstroke, the inline, six cylinder DT-466 is a large engine.

I've seen some pictures of some conversions in progress, and there wasn't much extra room.

You are looking at electric fans in front of the radiator, and the back of the engine still requiring some firewall massage most likely. Also, I'm not sure how well it would fit as far as cowl height!!!

My suggestion, if you want to use an International engine, would be to find a DT-360. They are dimensionally similar to the 6bt Cummins, and would be a much easier fit.

If you do it... take pictures!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i talked to a guy about it and he said that he had to cut the firewall a lil bit but it wasn't to bad. Im in the process of workin wit this guy to give me a hand doin it so when i get started i'll def post some pictures!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
A DT466 is a much bigger motor then the T444e. That would be really cool though if you could pull it off. The DT466 is a great engine.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
hmm, are they cheaper to get big power with or something?
They make pretty good power, uber reliable, in most cases rebuildable in chassis. And they are everywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts