Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking at a bed liner from a 2010 Superduty but it doesn't look right to me. Can anyone tell me if the holes in the back are factory and if there are covers for them?

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
There are plastic L shaped pieces that cover those holes and they have the holes in them for the bed tie downs. supposed to suck it up to the front and sides.
They have longer bolts for the tie downs to accommodate the extra thickness as well.
X

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thank you very much!

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
IMO... I would never do a plastic bed liner :supergay:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would not use a drop in liner. My experience shows that dirt collects under the liners and with road vibration will abrade the paint down to the metal. Soon you will have hidden rust. With the small amount of steel coated with galvanize you will soon have the steel rust out between the very thin layers of galvanize leaving you with two layers of "tin foil" for body panels. I had a 2001 7.3 and after removing the drop in liner shortly thereafter I was in the bed and my foot fell through the floor. A very small amount of visible rust proved to be a disaster since the rust extended between the layers of galvanize. If you spot rust you need to immediately treat and stop any further corrosion or you will have a fate like mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts