Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well had some people ask for me to post some videos... well just went down the road will quick and took 3 videos... would like to find a chip and seal road for I can do another launch and get a better video but ooo well enjoy.... ooo and don't worry I'm ready for the comments:hehe:

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
Saweet:thumb::thumb: Thats gonna be fun. Got the cam in yet?:poke:

·
Premium Member
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saweet:thumb::thumb: Thats gonna be fun. Got the cam in yet?:poke:
ooo it's a great time.. espically when I am just normal driving and people look at me cause my car is screamin and I'm not really going anywere:hehe: well when I have a weekend off I plan on doing it... can't wait to get it put in... and hopefully the e-cutout the same weekend:nod:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,721 Posts
Hurry up with the Cam already!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
thats slow man

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Dude thats so weak. You need a cam milled, ported, and polished heads and maybe a 150hp shot of spray and I might be impressed. J/K LS1's are such mod friendly cars you do one little things and get impressive power out of them.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
My buddies 01 SS we had heads, cam , exhaust, and a 12 bolt with 4:10's and we ran mid 11's. With the 150 shot it was high 10's all through a 6-speed.

·
Premium Member
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
My buddies 01 SS we had heads, cam , exhaust, and a 12 bolt with 4:10's and we ran mid 11's. With the 150 shot it was high 10's all through a 6-speed.
what was his 60 ft. time? and really with heads also and only mid 11's thats really not that good:nod: and what size of a cam also?? my setup pretty darn close to someone else's he is running the in the 10's... but his weight is around 200 or 300 lbs lighter than mine.. and speaking of that was his car a vert? and really you can have a larger cam and this and that but just like anything if you don't have the right combo it won't run like it should...:nod: also how much power did he have?

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
what was his 60 ft. time? and really with heads also and only mid 11's thats really not that good:nod: and what size of a cam also?? my setup pretty darn close to someone else's he is running the in the 10's... but his weight is around 200 or 300 lbs lighter than mine.. and speaking of that was his car a vert? and really you can have a larger cam and this and that but just like anything if you don't have the right combo it won't run like it should...:nod: also how much power did he have?
It was a 2001 Camero SS Patriot heads milled, gasket match port and polish, cam was the largest one out at the time and he had new valves springs and rockers. The 60ft I don't remember with the 12 bolt he made 402 at the wheels and with the spray it was 570's. He was launching off the limiter and didn't hit the nitrous untill he was out of the gate. On the 2 ten second passes we figured out the clutch was slipping (I wonder why :sly:) It was a spec clutch if I remember right. When we loaded it on the trailer we noticed we were spinning the rims in the slicks 6 inches on the drivers side and 8 on the passenger side. He said he felt like he was correcting from sliding the whole way down the track.

·
Premium Member
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
must of been a bad combo or something wrong with the car for "cam was the largest one out at the time"... the HP seems low to me also... once again again cause it has heads & it is a 6 spd also... I'd really like to know the cam specs...

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
The stock run on 310 at the wheels which a lot of us thought was weak. HP was 430 something before he put the 12 bolt in this was in 2006. He put larger axles and stuff in it too the cam specs I'll see if I can find out from him.

Cam specs 591/591 it was a nitrous cam from comp cams custom grind

·
Premium Member
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The stock run on 310 at the wheels which a lot of us thought was weak. HP was 430 something before he put the 12 bolt in this was in 2006. He put larger axles and stuff in it too the cam specs I'll see if I can find out from him.

Cam specs 591/591 it was a nitrous cam from comp cams custom grind
stock seems right... the majority of LS1's dyno around 310 or so to the wheels:nod: but 591/591:dunno: to me that sounds more like the lift of it.. cause my cam's lift is .613 intake/.591 exhuast.... but if the duration really is 591/591 well then he must of had some major heads on there...:nod: and if he did then the power is really really low then... my duration is 230/230 and I should be maken around 400rwhp give or take 10 or so...

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
When Rob was still around he said the car dynoed 10-15 lower than any of the other ls1's he ever had on the dyno. I still agree with you though. It should of had more power than that.

·
Premium Member
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well I'm just hopen that I'll hit the magic 400rwhp mark... if not ooo well just as long as she runs good:nod:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.