Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys ever put your pedal to the floor in these trucks? They are hd trucks but I'm not sure how much abuse they can actually take. I'm averaging 18.5 miles per gallon driving what I would call normal easy driving. When hauling do you guys ever lay on the power? What psi does the waste gauge kick in? I have boosted to about 20 psi, will it boost higher? New truck so taking it easy right now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
LOVE getting on the highway with it

Especially if its clear and can really lay into it

Have seen the boost at 20 and knew it was going up but traffic and ensuring almost 4 tons of highly accelerating mass was going where I wanted :woot:

Another thing the truck does great is roll ons at speed, jumping on it from 60-65 to go 85 90 is exhilarating - especially seeing the expressions on people's faces as you blow by them

Yes this truck hauls *** - period

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I like to get on it especially with the way people around me drive, always trying to get away from them. The performance in this truck compared to my 6.0 is absolutely incredible. I still haven't pulled anything with it yet, but I'm really excited to do some serious pulling. I often find myself racing people off the line at a traffic light. Mine usually stays under about 20 psi

·
Registered
231 Posts
I like the feel of getting on it but not what I hear!! I can hear the rear tires shredding!! LOL. I got a dually so that four tires back there I have to protect with my right foot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i noticed that with mine when i punched it once going 50. Looked like some rubber laid down, didnt break loose but I think the michelins are a little lighter now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
the other night me and a buddy were driving home so i was on a two lane road stop light turned traction control off and i laid into it i turned 20+ boost and laid rubber awesome feeling in a 8500 pound truck

·
Registered
776 Posts
Be careful on wet roads! After buying my truck in the spring and then having near zero rain all summer...I now need to be careful this Fall. Not that I hammer it...but when you need to merge or get around something/someone, and you get into it...I have had traction control come on at 40mph. Poor tires! LOL!

·
Registered
680 Posts
I love the torque these trucks make when towing. As far as acceleration goes though - I doubt mine could keep up with a Honda Civic.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's interesting I've gone from 60 to 85 with pretty much fair ease

Mash the gas pedal and walk away :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't know if its just me, but the new trucks feel like they are not accelerating fast however if you watch your guage the needle is moving fast!! Even at 60mph with the cruise on makes me feel like I'm crawling

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know if its just me, but the new trucks feel like they are not accelerating fast however if you watch your guage the needle is moving fast!! Even at 60mph with the cruise on makes me feel like I'm crawling
i have the same feeling, my 2003 dodge w/ 5.9 cummins was loud in every way. now i look down and :hyper:wow i am doing 90 in total silence

·
Registered
122 Posts
Put a heavy trailer behind your truck (what it was designed for) and find a decent grade. You will be very aware of the speed you're going.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having bad driving habits can cause damage not just to your own self but also to others. A recent study by the University of Michigan's Transportation Research Bureau claims that there are more licensed female motorists than men in the U.S. This reverses a gender gap that has existed behind the wheel for a long time, notes the Associated Press. Researchers claim that the driver's license shift will have substantial impacts on safety technology and economics.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Lol better hope none of these guys tune they truck if they think its fast now

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hard to believe somebody made a PS.net account to revive a year old thread, and not even stay on topic.

These trucks are 8000 pound sports cars with lift kits. I smoked a Prius earlier that was trying to get a jump on me at a light, he was in a right-turn only lane and thought he'd dust me when the light turned green. Prius driving fool didn't even have to breath smoke, with DPF these days. LOL.

Greg

·
Registered
110 Posts
With my Bank's Automind, I can turn off the torque management system. Having all the available torque from a start is scary at times. These trucks have balls and I love mine. :ford:

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Having bad driving habits can cause damage not just to your own self but also to others. A recent study by the University of Michigan's Transportation Research Bureau claims that there are more licensed female motorists than men in the U.S. This reverses a gender gap that has existed behind the wheel for a long time, notes the Associated Press. Researchers claim that the driver's license shift will have substantial impacts on safety technology and economics.
I'll drive however I want buddy

And yeah the new 6.7's are really just amazing power wise. I was in my cousins stock 2012 and he went WOT from 70 and hit the limiter and 95 and when he hit the limiter the truck actually kinda lurched forward and his keychains his the dash. Just showing how quickly we were accelerating:scuffy

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
333 Posts
Guess I need to live a little,,,, haven't seen my boost over 10psi yet...LOL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts