Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who makes the beefiest set available for an 06 4x4?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Good question. I was thinking about replacing mine and wondered the same thing.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I'm wondering what is the best vs price. But to answer your question, I believe spicer is a very good u joint, expensive.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are Spicers geaseable? And why did they make the u joints and ball joints non serviceable? Just so they would fail and make money replacing them?

·
Premium Member
18,029 Posts
Slicers are greaseable. I heard there's a u joint that's 5150 or something like that.....heard they are the best.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Are Spicers geaseable? And why did they make the u joints and ball joints non serviceable? Just so they would fail and make money replacing them?
The million dollar question........sad isin't it.

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
because how many people actually grease their joints? seriously

A non servicable joint is more reliable than a greasable joint that isn't serviced. engineers know this

·
Registered
150 Posts

A non servicable joint is more reliable than a greasable joint that isn't serviced. engineers know this
I do im super anal about maint. I know some companies do that on things. They make them non serviceable so they will fail so that they can have a return call or have it returned to make more money of the end user. Its a shame to me but its how a lot of companies work now.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

Ok

·
Registered
160 Posts
Skip the parts store cheapies and go with a Spicer Joint. Only joint i will ever run in any of my rigs.

Ex: This past summer In my 95 wrangler i broke a u-joint on the trail limped it back to camp. I didnt have a spare with me so i went on the closest parts store and bought the best one they had in stock(China crap) 4 hours after replacing it, the dang thing broke again... When i got back home i ran down the the local drive line shop and bought 2 spicer joints. and have yet to have an issue. This is also on a rig with 36in boggers locked front and rear and sees a whole lotta rev limiter and dont give a ****

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.