Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side seat will not stay where I set it. It is the controls that you use to move the seat up and down and the ones that tilt the the lower seat cushion. I will move the seat all the way to the up postion and slightly tilted forward. After I park the vehicle and turn it off the seat will start going down, after sitting for about an hour or so it will have dropped about 1-2" if I let it sit over night then the seat is all the way down. What controls the seat, air, vaccum, electric motor? What would cause the seat to go all the way down and not hold its position. I would really like to get it fixed, becuase it is annoying to have to adjust the seat every time I get in. Thank you.

Will

·
Premium Member
10,757 Posts
Sounds more like a gummed up switch or a bad switch. It's electrical so something is making the connection to apply power to drop the seat.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check all the connections and clean all the connections to make sure they are clean. I will also remove and clean the switch, depending on the price I may just replace the switch. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, the switch was bad, the part of the connector for down was always making a little contact. Put the seat where I wanted and removed the switch and the seat stayed. Tried cleaning contacts on switch and re installed, the seat moved again. Took apart and noticed the part that was touching and tried to bend out of the way a little and that didnt help. Thanks,

Will

1 - 5 of 5 Posts