Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help before i have to go to ford.. when i close my driver door and insert key in ignition the door ajar indicator stays on.. the door will not lock. and the bell keeps dinging what a pain and the doom light stays on. It acts as if the door is open when it is shut.. it there a sensor out on the driver side or what is wrong.. thanks much john

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Help before i have to go to ford.. when i close my driver door and insert key in ignition the door ajar indicator stays on.. the door will not lock. and the bell keeps dinging what a pain and the doom light stays on. It acts as if the door is open when it is shut.. it there a sensor out on the driver side or what is wrong.. thanks much john
Every door has a sensor in the latch. Take some contact cleaner and spray inside the latch, open and shut the door a bunch of times and see if the light goes out. If nit, do the other 3 doors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every door has a sensor in the latch. Take some contact cleaner and spray inside the latch, open and shut the door a bunch of times and see if the light goes out. If nit, do the other 3 doors.
Thank you dhanna6powerstroke
That did the trick.. did all 4 doors and alls fine.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I took my Ex to the dealer to get another key made and get the door code (it wasn't on the glove box). Ever since then I'm having the doors won't lock problem. Don't know if it was them or the fact that I detailed the entire thing myself after I took it to the dealer. I sprayed an entire can of contact cleaner in the lock for all four doors and the rear hatch. This worked but then the problem came back. When I'm driving down the road, sometimes when I hit the brake I hear the doors relock. I'm pretty sure the truck has spent a lot of time on dirt roads as there was a layer of dust in every crevice.

Should I just keep cleaning the locks or take it to the dealer and ask WTF is up with the locks? :dunno:

I can open and close all the doors a bunch of times and the lock will work but it takes a few minutes each time. (I think it is the back hatch but not sure).

:thankyou2:

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
I took my Ex to the dealer to get another key made and get the door code (it wasn't on the glove box). Ever since then I'm having the doors won't lock problem. Don't know if it was them or the fact that I detailed the entire thing myself after I took it to the dealer. I sprayed an entire can of contact cleaner in the lock for all four doors and the rear hatch. This worked but then the problem came back. When I'm driving down the road, sometimes when I hit the brake I hear the doors relock. I'm pretty sure the truck has spent a lot of time on dirt roads as there was a layer of dust in every crevice.

Should I just keep cleaning the locks or take it to the dealer and ask WTF is up with the locks? :dunno:

I can open and close all the doors a bunch of times and the lock will work but it takes a few minutes each time. (I think it is the back hatch but not sure).

:thankyou2:
Are you having the same problem as jodon with the door ajar light staying on, or is it just not locking? Don't quite understand the problem.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yes, I'm having the same problem. After driving, I can shut the truck off and get out but the doors wont' lock, radio stays on, key pad doesn't work, remote lock doesn't work, etc... but the door ajar light doesn't come on until I turn the ignition back on. I open and shut all the doors a couple of times and the light goes off and I can lock the doors. It's like something is loose or loses it's conection with the vibrations from driving down the road. I haven't pin pointed which door it is but I think it is the hatch. There are times when I'm driving down the road and I hear the doors lock, after they have already locked automatically about 10mph. Should I just keep spraying a butt load of contact cleaner on them or is this possibly and electrical nightmare?

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Yes, I'm having the same problem. After driving, I can shut the truck off and get out but the doors wont' lock, radio stays on, key pad doesn't work, remote lock doesn't work, etc... but the door ajar light doesn't come on until I turn the ignition back on. I open and shut all the doors a couple of times and the light goes off and I can lock the doors. It's like something is loose or loses it's conection with the vibrations from driving down the road. I haven't pin pointed which door it is but I think it is the hatch. There are times when I'm driving down the road and I hear the doors lock, after they have already locked automatically about 10mph. Should I just keep spraying a butt load of contact cleaner on them or is this possibly and electrical nightmare?
You are spraying the contact cleaner in the door latch, correct? If so I would just keep spraying them and see what happens. It's usually the drivers door that causes the most problems.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yeppers, I'm spraying it in the latch. I'll just keep it up and see what happens.:thankyou2:

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Yeppers, I'm spraying it in the latch. I'll just keep it up and see what happens.:thankyou2:
If I'm not mistaken, I think a Ford scan tool can monitor the door switches and can tell you which one is acting up. The catch is you have to pay a Ford Tech to look at it unless you have a buddy that is a tech, then he might help you out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts