Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 KR, and I’m not much of a loud listener of music. But any and every kind of bass in a song is making a horrible rattle in my driver’s side door. Could that speaker be blown? It sounds right, just super duper rattly, and only during music. Or has anyone else experienced this and found another solution?

·
Super Moderator
19,280 Posts
Could the speaker be loose? :dunno:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2019 F-250 Lariat with the B&O, my driver door has started to have an intermittent rattle in it but not caused by the radio. It's very random, and I have had enough with it. I will taking the door panel off today to find the source. Attached is a video I took of the rattle.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2019 F-250 Lariat with the B&O, my driver door has started to have an intermittent rattle in it but not caused by the radio. It's very random, and I have had enough with it. I will taking the door panel off today to find the source. Attached is a video I took of the rattle.
I had that exact rattle as well but on rough roads. Birmingham AL interstates really made it go off.

My additional one in the speaker is completely separate. I just balance/faded it and it’s definitely related to music.

In addition to yours 🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, if you happen to have a link to how to remove the door panel, can you share? Or give some tips after you do it?

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, if you happen to have a link to how to remove the door panel, can you share? Or give some tips after you do it?
Sure thing, I did it on my 2016 F-150 and it's exactly the same. Here's a video of quick demonstration.
Thanks man. If you figure your rattle out first or I do the same for either one I have, let’s update the thread.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found the rattle. It's the 2 middle nut plates attached to the silver metal door panel mount. Tighten the two bolts to prevent them from rattling.

Awesome info. So you shouldn't even have to pull the door panel to do that, then? Just tighten the two bolts by the handle?

I just got mine back from the dealer today. I knew it had to be a blown speaker, so I made them check it, and so it was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts