Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, maybe someone can help. I recently had my rear drive shaft apart to replace the u joints. It is the two piece shaft with the carrier bearing over the transmission connected shaft. The problem is I had the nut that holds the yoke which goes over the splines removed by a shop and Im not sure they put it back on the same splines. Right now when i bolt up the drive line and get the u joint on the transmission side sitting like a cross (+), the yolk and u joint on the differential are sitting like an ( x ). My question, if anyone has 5 minutes to spare, is on your rear driveline when your transmission end u joint is vertical like a cross, is the u joint on your differential also vertical? Or do the front and rear joints not sit square with each other? If anyone could let me know it would help me a lot in getting this vibration to go away.

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
not sure bud. you should take it to a driveline shop and have it balanced and timed. that way you know it has been put together properly.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thought of that. The only problem is the only drivline shop i could find is about an hour away....and once I take it off, I have no way to get there unless I do some parking lot wrenching.

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
most driveline shops wont be able to just fit you in, unless they are extremely slow. i would call tehm and see if they can hook you up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts