Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The place that services my truck says they don`t see a grease fitting on my 97 f-350 7.3 w/410R //dually drive shaft U-joints. Could this be right? I`m from the old school and we always had fittings.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I forget what year was the cutoff but he's right, newer superdutys don't have grease fittings in the U-joints. Go get some spicers w/ grease fittings and be done with it, that's what I'm gonna do.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Yep you can get ujoints with or without grease fittings. All the stock ford oem ujoints don't have greasable fittings.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forget what year was the cutoff but he's right, newer superdutys don't have grease fittings in the U-joints. Go get some spicers w/ grease fittings and be done with it, that's what I'm gonna do.
Sounds like a good idea, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yea 97 was the year they stopped putting in the fittings. My buddy's 96 had them cause I remembered seeing them up on the lift and the next day I went to grease mine (97) and they were no where to be found.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I like the NON grease able spicers...Bout time for some on my truck (Originals have lasted 205k so far)...

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Go with the non-greasable ones. The greasable ones are weaker and the zirk fitting is a stress riser. If you do go with greasable ones make sure you put the grease fitting on the "pushing" side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts