Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Drift boat trailer tires

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Durapig Eater 
#1 · (Edited)
Not a heavy load, but...:grin:

The time has come - I need some new treads on the drift boat trailer. Was wondering if anyone has bought a set lately, and what did you end up with (brand and load rating)? Are you satisfied with your decision or would you do something different if you had a re-do?

Thanks in advance for the info :thumb:

Forgot to add - current tire size is 185/70R14 and I don't have much wiggle room to go up a size.

-jokester

Reactions: ZMANN
#2 · (Edited)
i loathe the quality of trailer tires

it's like they can make them out of dog crap and get away with it because they are not passenger rated??

I started buying car tires for my trailers because the trailer tires would fail just sitting inside the trailer ( i took them off and stored them in the enclosed trailer) lol

thats my rant

#3 ·
i loathe the quality of trailer tires

it's like they can make them out of dog crap and get away with it because they are not passenger rated ??

I started buying car tires for my trailers because the trailer tires would fail just sitting inside the trailer lol

thats my rant
That's exactly what I think i'm gonna do as well. It has steel belted radials on there now and I think I will just put them back on, seeing as the weight (or lack thereof) isn't really a factor with the drift boat and trailer. I think trailer tires would be overkill in this case.

-jokester

#4 ·
Well, a quick update for anyone who cares LOL

I ended up talking to a buddy who needed a set for his drift boat trailer as well, so he and I ended up with 4 Hancook passenger radials. Another win thanks to the great guys at my local Discount Tire!

-jokester

#5 ·
I will never run car or truck tires on a trailer. Last set I put on a trailer were load range G trailer tires. The sidewalls on passenger tires suck compared to real trailer tires.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
+1 Carlisle F load was same rating as some G load tires, there's a big to do about speed rating too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.