Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a stock truck...so I thought. It looks like they put everything back on and tuned it so that it thought the emission system was intact.
Dealer ran codes for a knock sensor and was able to reprogram the truck without issue. They test drove it and it went into limp mode. I drove it 50 miles to the dealer, and 1000 miles since I've owned it without any issues.
Dealer noticed that one of the emission sensors is broken off, and another was "repaired".
Long story short, we're looking at $900. I do have a 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty that I hope pans out. The dealer is stating it is undeleted even though they have suspicion that it has been.

$900 to me sounds like it's almost just worth deleting. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
11,046 Posts
Generally speaking deleting is hard nowadays. Tuners are being shut down with $500k fines. So you'll have to research and make sure the tuner is there after you order. Stay away from older units like H&S and the like. 99% no support for tech issues.

Run a fuel additive; howes, diesel kleen, and opti lube are super popular and actually help...
Try to let the truck fully complete regens
use quality fuel, air, oil, and filters preferably motorcraft filters but basicaly any big name oil is alright. Rotella, delo, mobile, vaovoline etc.

·
Premium Member
7,639 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts