Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting on my delete pipe today and of course had to break at least one part! The sensor that is mounted to the side of the DPF and has a short rubber hose running to the nipple coming out of the pipe. Does anyone know the part # for this part? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
i believe he broke the temp sensor not the air one. i havent heard of anyone breaking that one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's the module that mounts to the pipe itself with the short rubber hose running to a nipple. it's not one of the 3 sensors.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Come on guys! surely someone knows!!
I broke mine too.:doh: I just super glued it back together. I should by a replacement at some point:dunno: I guess I need the part# as well but I don't want to buy it from my dealer (don't want raise any suspicions).:nod: Seems to be holding up ok for now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anybody?? All I'm getting from the local dealer's parts guy is dumb looks and that's about it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
wish i could help. how did you break it? ask matt if you must have it to run the tunes. i know the temps are but havent heard on the air one yet

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Thanks ZeroOne! Now, does anyone have a good place to buy Ford parts online?:dunno:

·
Registered
589 Posts
oh i just looked under my truck and mine has came off. im gonna put it back on but it doesnt seem to affect the truck just a little fyi

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I don't think it affects a dpf delete tuned truck either. I just need a replacement for the "just in case" situation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is the dpf pressure sensor. It will cause problems if the pressure reads too high.

A dpf delete tuned truck should ignore it, and not have any problems.

Leaving it open to atmosphere is basically going to be an exhaust leak, and I would expect it to throw a code at some point, because it never would see any pressure across the DPF. But that is a guess.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ha, broke mine too. plastic parts shouldn't be put anywhere near places where I have to lay on my back, get dirt in my face, and burn my hands, I tend to be a bit aggressive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts