Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So was removing my DPF and had everything ready to come out. The 3 sensors unscrewed easily after spraying them twice with WD-40. I went to slide the little rubber boot off of the factory DPF and it tore in half. This is the rubber hose that is approximately an inch long and slides over the nipple on the DPF pipe and has a amall black box hooked to it. Does anyone know the purpose of this part? I am going to order a new one from Ford. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Zero and sorry for the repost. did a search, but I was in a hurry to get the truck back together before the rain came. Anyhow, thanks again and I'll go order one from Ford. I doubt aftermarket auto part stores would carry that.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Zero and sorry for the repost. did a search, but I was in a hurry to get the truck back together before the rain came. Anyhow, thanks again and I'll go order one from Ford. I doubt aftermarket auto part stores would carry that.
No problem, and it wasn't meant to sound short on my part. I just figured you needed the info as fast as possible to get it ordered. :thumb:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

I ended up epoxying my hose back together until can get to the dealer to order the sensor/hose. My dealer quoted me $54 FYI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts