Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attempted to install my delete pipe today.. however, I couldn't figure out how to detach the back half of the DPF. I was able to get the front part out, and while letting it hang I tried and tried to separate the back... is there a trick here? Also, can I reuse those 7 bolts or do I need to acquire new ones, it didn't appear they would come out easy once the whole pipe was out. In the mean time I had to reassemble everything, until I'm able to figure this out.

Rob

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Are you doing a DPF delete or CAT/DPF delete from the down pipe back? I leave the CAT/front pipe bolted to the flange and loosen the clamp on the rear of the dpf. Using a ratchet style strap, pull the exhaust system back to disengage from the DPF. Holding the exhaust reward, unbolt the flange bolts and slide the DPF down and out. At this point you can remove the CAT or install the DPF replacement pipe. Make sure to remove and sensors and probes first the prevent damage, the EGT probes bend very easily.

·
Registered
27 Posts
if you look in my gallery at the dpf delete pipe i made is that the type of delete your adding? or are you deleting the doc with it? cuz i could definitley help you out with that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That did the trick... I just needed a little more time. What's considered a "safe" tune to run... in the event I'm towing, but don't want the rengen process running? Right now I'm running in extreme mode, seems to produce the best mileage for me.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I use a ratchet style strap to apply pressure rearward on the exhaust and wiggle it up and down at the clamp. This usually walls the pipes/clamp area apart. I use the same strap and apply pressure to bring the pipes back together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts