Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had my factory dpf system stolen, and I am thinking of doing a delete once insurance pays for the new one. Didn’t want to just do a delete and not have the factory one to put on for future trade in purposes. Looking for a simple no crazy tunes, just a delete. Looking for any ones thoughts. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,359 Posts
Wait what was stolen? The parts that are in the exhaust? That seems unbelievable for a couple reasons. First, it’s a lot of work (I’ve done it) to remove those parts and the associated probes and wiring, and getting the tank out is a real PITA. Two, who would want to steal those parts? Anyone could post on here and probably get the parts for free if there is someone local. This is an interesting story, could you tell it in more depth.

Not sure I understand the entirety of your question beyond that. GDP out of Canada sells emissions ON and OFF tunes loaded through EZ link which is the best setup IMO. How much do the parts you need cost and where you at? I’m in Vegas and have those parts in a storage shed out back...

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
If it’s anything like here, thieves cut out the entire DPF section with a sawsall to sell to the scrap yards for the valuable metals inside. Not sure what the 17+ trucks are going for but I got $550 for a 2011 DPF and about $300 for an ‘09 DPF.

·
Premium Member
4,359 Posts
Guys.....it was "stolen"..........
Oh ya I get it. If I have any motor issues and need to get some warrenty service then maybe my stuff could get “stolen” also, would answer to ford why these parts are not there. Good idea

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They sawzalled all the hangers ,wires , hoses and took the complete dpf. Cops said it’s a huge problem. Probably only took 30seconds to cut out. Ford dealer said they do at least 3-4 replacements a week and usually close to $10000cdn. All I was looking for was a good brand of pipe and tuner that people have experience with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,099 Posts
exhaust pipes are pretty much all the same. id get stainless if youre in Canada.

i forget the name of the company but there is a tuner based out of Canada that is well liked.

10K is pretty steep for all that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts