Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a while since I posted, but I have been doing a lot of reading. I'm ready to tune my truck. Im a little nervous with taking the dpf of considering it is illegal and I don't have the time or money for the Fine. I recently bought and returned my banks 6 gun(Never used it). Idk about shift on the fly, I like my Custom tune dealers. Plug, Load and Play.

Im highly considering the Sct X3 For the 6.4 and using my Edge insight for the monitor. Anybody running the canned tunes from eric? Anything will help. Thanks

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
For DPF on tunes, the best and cleanest is the Banks. Others like H&S and Spartan support it, but there main claims to same are the deletion of the DPF.

Now, you mention custom tuning so you could have a custom tune made, geared toward running the DPF cleaner and efficiently. But it will probably cost you.

But unlike the Banks, running them will not be legal, technically as they aren't CARB approved. So you will have to switch back and forth from tuned to untuned for inspections.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide app.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see your running the banks six gun; how is the shifting? My superchips was HORRIBLE on my 6.4. But pretty decent on my 6.0. My worries is just the shifting.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Shifting is pretty good on the Six-Gun, firm, quick, no slipping that I've noticed or detected. I have no complaints at all.

On the AutoMind I don't like the way it shifts on the Super Sport tune, as they call it. It's based on time rather then RPM or engine timing, so when driving normal it shifts way to soon and hard. But I'm working with them on that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nic,e good to hear some unbiased info! Detuning for emissions isn't a problem. I'd rather take 10min and unload a tune. But as I said before i purchased the Six gun just never ran the unit. The Autominder has my eye to behonest, or the sct.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yeah, the tuning aspect isn't that difficult for any of the devices. Pretty straight forward, on the AutoMind you plug it into the OBD port, select the tune you want to install and wait. On the H&S or Spartan you select it using the display and wait. Takes maybe 10-15 min to switch tunes.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
If you plan on deleting the DPF down the road I would avoid Banks.

Let me know if you are interested in the Spartan Phalanx. We offer DPF on tuning and DPF delete tuning with the same unit, so you don't have to purchase 2 different tuners. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Exactly. The Banks tuners are great if you plan on running the DPF, want a decent HP increase and don't want to mess with the legality issue. But if your thinking about deleting down the road, or want larger HP numbers, look at the Spartan, H&S our similar delete packages.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts