Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put my truck back to stock and have been constantly getting the p2452 and p2453 code thrown. I climbed under the truck and found that there is a cpl good leak of exhaust between the DOC and DPF where the gasket goes. The truck is constantly trying to regen.

Would the leak in the gasket be the reason of the codes and not being able to fully regen? :dunno:

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just had the same problem. I changed the dpf pressure sensor and it did nothing. Then i put the stock air filter system back on and it has been fine. I read that a afe intake could throw this code so i took it out and all is well. Dont know if this could be your problem. I would guess if you have a big leak by the pressure sensor that would cause it too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ya i always remembered getting that code with just the AFE but it would always still regen. Now it will try for 30sec and then stop, wont ramp up the RPM or nothing, along with white smoke coming from the exhaust, I figure from the unburnt fuel. Im pretty sure the pressure codes and no regen are happening because of the leak. I'll change it out and see what happens...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got under there and checked it out. Found the DPF Pressure Sensor burnt to a crisp. There is a perfect hole burnt right thru the switch. Its wires got caught in the crossfire. Guess thats where the code was coming from:icon_ford:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got under there and checked it out. Found the DPF Pressure Sensor burnt to a crisp. There is a perfect hole burnt right thru the switch. Its wires got caught in the crossfire. Guess thats where the code was coming from:icon_ford:
Hey my truck did the same thing. What did you do yo fix it? Seems like if I replace the pressure sensor it may do it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts