Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 2008 powerstroke and was wondering if i need anything else to delete the dpf? Will i need a tuner or anything? im just looking to get a meaner sounding exhaust, tired of it sounding like a hair dryer lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
Aaron will hook you up with everything you need. Great prices, great guy to work with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is no other way to get a better sound from the exhaust? not looking to spend that much money for sound.

·
Registered
529 Posts
In order to take the DPF off your truck, you are going to need a tuner that will allow this. Spartan, SCT, Edge and I think a few others will all work. Without a tuner to turn off the regen, your truck will eventually go into a constant regen mode. Also, your going to need a delete pipe, or something of the sort, to plug the sensors back into. Aaron hooked me up with everything I needed, and the price on an SCT Livewire is getting very reasonable, if your not looking to spend 1200+ for the Spartan. SCT would be a nice way to go, cause its cheap, and it comes with canned tunes, then later on, if you want to go faster, you call up River City Diesel or Innovative, etc and have them send you a custom tune for another 100-200 bucks. Aaron can get you everything you need, and will go out of his way to help you.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
In order to take the DPF off your truck, you are going to need a tuner that will allow this. Spartan, SCT, Edge and I think a few others will all work. Without a tuner to turn off the regen, your truck will eventually go into a constant regen mode. Also, your going to need a delete pipe, or something of the sort, to plug the sensors back into. Aaron hooked me up with everything I needed, and the price on an SCT Livewire is getting very reasonable, if your not looking to spend 1200+ for the Spartan. SCT would be a nice way to go, cause its cheap, and it comes with canned tunes, then later on, if you want to go faster, you call up River City Diesel or Innovative, etc and have them send you a custom tune for another 100-200 bucks. Aaron can get you everything you need, and will go out of his way to help you.
That pretty much covers it. Thanks Matt!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts