Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please educate me, new to the DPF scene. What happens if you just replace the pipe without re-tuning? Can you disconnect the fuel "injector" and just get a code (annoyance) or does it actually hurt the truck?

Also, does anyone make a reasonably priced DPF delete tune??? I don't want to enhance boot or anything, so a $1500 tuner is out of the question.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You will put your truck into limp mode. There is a reason people pay $1500 to get rid of the DPF. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
BTW :ORG welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you.....you'd have to save a LOT of fuel to justify that kind of cost though! Should be a simpler way to trick it.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
thank you.....you'd have to save a LOT of fuel to justify that kind of cost though! Should be a simpler way to trick it.
:agree: With everything but the simpler way.

What I am saying is. I would pay $1500 for a tuner from a reputable company with great customer service and a great quality history. Before I buy something from some company no one has ever heard of, and plug it into my $40K+ truck.

If I am going to void my warrenty, I will be doing it with a proven system.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Please educate me, new to the DPF scene. What happens if you just replace the pipe without re-tuning? Can you disconnect the fuel "injector" and just get a code (annoyance) or does it actually hurt the truck?

Also, does anyone make a reasonably priced DPF delete tune??? I don't want to enhance boot or anything, so a $1500 tuner is out of the question.

Thanks
1150 shipped is less than 1500.
Give us a call or email.

http://www.confederatediesel.com/h-and-s-mini-maxx-offroad-custom-tuning.html

·
Registered
63 Posts
h&s talk to them they will guide you in the right direction

·
Registered
44 Posts
get a ride in someones who is delete or have them blow buy you. youll giggle and be sold instantly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts