Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally caved and payed for the SCT DPF delete tune.

Surprise, surprise the new firmware was not compatible with my manual tranny. I spent many hours on the phone with them and finally got it loaded, but now I can't do anything on my LiveWire updater on my computer. I keep getting error messages, I can't even reformat the programmer. :dunno:

Right now I'm just running a cat back DPF delete pipe. Gotten a good increase in mileage, 20+ mpg, and a nice low sound that should be better when I get the full turbo back delete pipe.

When I do the full install I will make a detailed post with pictures of the pipe install and putting the stacks on.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got another update for mileage. Got 23 mpg yesterday mornin with a good 20 mph tailwind. On the way back driving into the wind dropped down to 17 mpg.

As long as I can keep the boost below 10 psi I'm getting 20+mpg.

Did a lot of work on the rig today. Finally took off the rest of the tailpipe which was just hanging there. Found something interesting, the muffler is fake. It's just a regular steel pipe strait through it, not baffles or ports or nothin. Fixed the rear dually fender that I cracked when I ran over my mud flaps, and raised the mud flaps about 4" so it doesn't happen again.

And I ended up having a little fun and seeing how much smoke I could get outa her. Found out than once the clutch locks in 2nd gear going about 3 mph and gunning it.....SERIOUS SMOKE!!! My pipe ends underneath the cab and smoke was pouring out both rear fenders!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
402 Posts
so the stock muffler is fake ?? what a turd why would ford put something no functional on the truck that makes no sense. Well I guess I'll be doing an exhaust system!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Ford lists it as a resonator, not a muffler. They would have no need for a muffler after routing the exhaust thru 4 scrubbers in the EGR system, a DOC, a Catalytic converter and the DPF. Im amazed they breathe at all from the factory. Besides, a muffler would not last long with the heat from the regeneration process :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had it working the day I bought it, it just a lot of talking with SCT on the phone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Please keep us updated.... Us manual guys are eagerly awaiting results. What did you end up getting? Which tunes (hp) ? :popcorn:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I should be getting my custom 5" turbo back tomorrow. I'll make a whole new post with pics and probably a video when it's all done.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bay Area Diesel.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Smokin

OK, I got bored and broke out the video camera. Here's the 5" Cat back DPF delete pipe, which will be replaced tomorrow by a 5" turbo back DPF/Cat delete pipe.

Decent quality video with good audio. Nice little bit of smoke too.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got rid of it today with a 5" turbo back. This thing is evil as hell!!!!! I'll get a video up soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts