Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

To start off id like to say I am new to the performance diesel scene so this may come off as a silly question.

I run a 2008 f-250 with a Superchip's flashpaq tuner on the "performance" setting, I want to take out my dpf but I know the computer will still try and run the exhaust cleaning system even though it doesn't exist. Now I know the H&S XRT and Mini Max have a DPF delete setting but at the time I don't wish to upgrade my tuner. By word of mouth I have heard there is a chip you plug into the in accessory hole where my tuner plugs in that tricks the computer so I wouldn't have to upgrade my chip. Does anyone know if this is true or whats it called?

Thanks in advance,
-David

·
Registered
525 Posts
Honestly i think everyone is going to tell you to ditch that programmer and save some money for a mini. You wont regret spending the money. I promise

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
68 Posts
Honestly i think everyone is going to tell you to ditch that programmer and save some money for a mini. You wont regret spending the money. I promise

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
X2 Definately ditch the chip and get the tuner. Hands down you won't regret it!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hello,

To start off id like to say I am new to the performance diesel scene so this may come off as a silly question.

I run a 2008 f-250 with a Superchip's flashpaq tuner on the "performance" setting, I want to take out my dpf but I know the computer will still try and run the exhaust cleaning system even though it doesn't exist. Now I know the H&S XRT and Mini Max have a DPF delete setting but at the time I don't wish to upgrade my tuner. By word of mouth I have heard there is a chip you plug into the in accessory hole where my tuner plugs in that tricks the computer so I wouldn't have to upgrade my chip. Does anyone know if this is true or whats it called?

Thanks in advance,
-David
I've never heard of anything like that either. The only way I have ever known to trick the computer is through programming and you need some sort of tuner for that.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
There are some companies that make a plug in just to delete the dpf and not tune the truck. Dr Performance I think is the name. Im not sure if it will work with your tuner, or whether they will over ride each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts