Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me first off tell u that I bought my 08' used with an Airaid intake and Maganflow exhaust. I just recently took my truck in for a check engine light being on two weeks ago and they must of just resetted it to get to go away. So two days later I am driving and the light came back on so I called and told them about it and they said bring it in. So after two days they called and sayed that my exhaust and intake are causing this light to come on. So I said what are my options and they said u can leave this stuff on but the light will remain on, Or they can replace all of the stock stuff and the code will go away. So I was scratching my head and sayed just leave it on. He was saying something about the pressures were causing the computer to throw the codes. He told me the only way my warranty would be void is if the parts caused the malfuntion so I still have my warranty but I will have to get my stock stuff back so if anything happens I will have to put it back on. And that the first thing that is asked by their Ford mechanics is has the truck been modified. Just some info for u guys and gals!! :doh:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
magnaflow

I believe my exhaust looks to be straight pipe, I don't really see a muffler.

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
the air intake is causing your code , the exhaust if its just from dpf back , with or without muffler will not cause the code to set , the open air filters are what weve been seeing causing the code , the code ive been getting is p2002 caused by to much intake air thru the egr system

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
intake

That does make sense, so is there anything that can be done besides putting the stocker back on?

·
Registered
450 Posts
not that i've seen yet, you can try to experiment a way to slow the air down going through your intake tube.

what was the code, b/c i have seen just a filter back exhaust throw a code.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
code

I will have to get them, I pulled them one time and they were something like
P244A and two others I will c if I can pull them again. I will be picking my truck up today at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
I will have to get them, I pulled them one time and they were something like
P244A and two others I will c if I can pull them again. I will be picking my truck up today at the dealership.
get the codes , if there are some egt sensor codes you may actually have a problem, ive been having to put a couple sensors in for cel with the p244 codes in the system

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure will, I bet they reseted the codes. But I'm sure they will come back. Also I just received my SCT livewire 9623 will this help any when I program it into the truck?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
codes

Just got my truck back and the codes were p2002 and p244a. I also just put the sct turner on my truck and reset the codes. I drove it for about 15 mins and no light yet. So maybe with a lucky chance that the SCT tunes will not make the light come on. By the way the SCT is awsome!! I ran it just in performance mode and what a difference. Can't wait to try extreme!! :icon_ford:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
codes

Drove it to work this morning and the light came back on codes were besides the other two were 0073 and 0100.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Dude, something has to be wrong like Scott said (Scuff) Give him a PM, B/c he works at a dealership or did I think. He might be able to help out more than most of us on here can. But anyways, I never had ANY problems with running the AFE stage 2 and the straight piped MBRP settup. May be something with the Air raid system causing some kind of flow issue or air quality issue. Is the air raid an enclosed system??? The AFE stage 2 is and I've never had any problems with it on my 08. :twocents:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
codes

I called the Airaid company and they said that the parameters on the 6.4's are so close. He said that they ran 10000 miles on thier truck with no light, but said that some trucks may be different. So basically they wouldn't do anything about it. :banging:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey B/C , Are you saying that the dealer told you that the air intake and exhaust did not void your warranty? Cause my dealer told me that if I have even a aftermarket air filter could void the warranty!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
warranty

They gave me an option because I purchased this truck used from the dealership with the intake and exhaust already on it. They said they can take the exhaust and intake off and put a new stock exhaust and intake on. So basically I just told him to leave it on. Now as far as my warranty go's I probably will lose it if I took it in for a repair with the aftermarket stuff on. But I think I can get away with it if I put the stock stuff back on before bringing it in. But like they said they would have to prove that the part caused the problem before they can void the warranty. :icon_ford:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts