Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered my dpf/cat delete and have a question where the flange comes off of the downpipe how are you guys getting the bolts out because they look like they are tack welded.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have not done mine yet but I believe that the nuts are tack welded. the bolt is removed from the front, or at least whatever is in the front is what is removed, but I am sure more that know more will chime in

·
Registered
188 Posts
the nuts are tack welded and the bolts come out if i remember correct...get extensions a FEW of them ....and a flare nut wrench helps ALOT on the sensors.......

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
13mm I believe

·
Registered
188 Posts
yea 08stroker250 is right...just make sure u dont get a cheap flare nut wrench im not saying the sensors are hard to get out but they didnt come right out for me and make sure to unplug them before u lower the dpf and exhaust down and then unscrew them once u have it from under the truck its easier

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
If you are having problems with getting the sensors out, try to get your hands on a torch. Lots of heat will really help getting them out

·
Registered
188 Posts
yea they should

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
13mm IS the flare nut size for the sensors, use very good quality wrench. As far as the bolts for the DP flange, you can only un thread the bolts from the front. I use a 13mm 6pt shallow flex socket on a 12" extension and ratchet, it gets right in there. Use plenty of lube on the sensors before trying to remove them, let it soak in first. Usually the rear one is the only stuck one, if it fights me I just replace it.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
13mm IS the flare nut size for the sensors, use very good quality wrench. As far as the bolts for the DP flange, you can only un thread the bolts from the front. I use a 13mm 6pt shallow flex socket on a 12" extension and ratchet, it gets right in there. Use plenty of lube on the sensors before trying to remove them, let it soak in first. Usually the rear one is the only stuck one, if it fights me I just replace it.
How much are the sensors?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts