Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to remove the internal parts/filters from the DPF and Cat to retain a visual stock look for Visual Emmission inspections when doing a DPF delete? I am going to do a DPF delete and could care less about the warranty issue but have herd many rumors about new visual inspections from DOT for mods to exhaust on diesel trucks.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Why would you tear up a $1500+ piece of exhaust equipment when you can buy a replacement pipe or make one for $300. You do that and you're stuck with the 3.5" system, when you could have a better and cooler flowing 4" or 5" system. And if you ever need the DPF, not just for warranty but also for inspection, you're screwed. I've heard of people doing it, and they've all regretted it.

Cops and inspection stations are not stupid. They know these trucks shouldn't blow smoke or make much exhaust sound. They may not be well educated about it now, but in time they will be.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I live in CA so I went with gutting the DPF and CAT like you describe. I did not do it personally, my mechanic did. If you do it yourself, be sure to remove all of the sensors first so they do not damage them

·
Let's Run'em
17,845 Posts
Why would you tear up a $1500+ piece of exhaust equipment when you can buy a replacement pipe or make one for $300. You do that and you're stuck with the 3.5" system, when you could have a better and cooler flowing 4" or 5" system. And if you ever need the DPF, not just for warranty but also for inspection, you're screwed. I've heard of people doing it, and they've all regretted it.

Cops and inspection stations are not stupid. They know these trucks shouldn't blow smoke or make much exhaust sound. They may not be well educated about it now, but in time they will be.
Well said......I was one first to do it.....I wouldn't do it again, straight pipe bud

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
In the unlikely event you do get busted you can put it back to stock without spending $2200 and all is good again. If you gut it and happen to get busted you will have to put it back by buying the parts before you can use it.

They would not be fooled by the shell being there if it does not function. Best you could hope for would be to claim it's defective and Ford would not cover it once they looked at it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts