Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone that has done a dpf/cat delete made it so that you are able to put the dpf/cat back on so you can get it inspected if needed? I want to do the delete but want to be able to put it back on for the inspections.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Most of the pipes are bolt-on. You just bolt the stock parts back in and reflash to stock.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
My DPF/Cat delete pipe is just bolt on...theres no cutting or welding involved.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yep, direct bolt on and off. Easy.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no emissions but they do vehicle inspection so i dont know what all they inspect on the exhaust i can ask but ive talked with the performance shop i started going to and they said it wouldnt pass inspections if i did the delete so thats why im asking how the delete is done since ive never seen one done in person and how easy it would be to put back the dpf/cat when i need to do an inspection

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
no emissions but they do vehicle inspection so i dont know what all they inspect on the exhaust i can ask but ive talked with the performance shop i started going to and they said it wouldnt pass inspections if i did the delete so thats why im asking how the delete is done since ive never seen one done in person and how easy it would be to put back the dpf/cat when i need to do an inspection
I see.....well I know SCTand KEM/Spartan have a DPF only delete that is bolt and I believe BADP has a full on DPF/cat delete.....and I'm not real sure but I believe there was a member who might have full replacement, but to answer your question, yes there are companies that sell a bolt on replacement

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok. well i havent switched yet but the performance shop that i go to where they get their tunes from dont really work with sct and they have done one dpf delete so far. but they are going to take back my sct and are giving me a 3 pod a pillar with pyro boost and trans and the superchips tuner with 3 tunes. does kem or spartan work with the superchips programmer?

and as far as the bolt on delete thats what i would love to get my hands on and then do a dpf back dual exhaust if i could. so if you know of who to contact in order for me to procure that would be amazing.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
ok. well i havent switched yet but the performance shop that i go to where they get their tunes from dont really work with sct and they have done one dpf delete so far. but they are going to take back my sct and are giving me a 3 pod a pillar with pyro boost and trans and the superchips tuner with 3 tunes. does kem or spartan work with the superchips programmer?

and as far as the bolt on delete thats what i would love to get my hands on and then do a dpf back dual exhaust if i could. so if you know of who to contact in order for me to procure that would be amazing.
What shop is this if you don't mind me asking......KEM/Spartan is no longer using the Superchips because Superchips found out and told them to stop for liability issues.....but they are coming out with their own tuner.....now are you asking who can you get the hook up in the dual exhaust? Sorry last part is kinda confusing :)

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry lol. i want to run duals and i know where to get the dual exhaust dpf back thats not an issue. i just dont know where to get the dpf/cat delete pipe that is just bolt on so i can re-install when i need to go in for an inspection. and as far as a programmer i know that spartan is coming out with a tuner but; what about using the superchips programmer and running the files if that makes sense?

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
sorry lol. i want to run duals and i know where to get the dual exhaust dpf back thats not an issue. i just dont know where to get the dpf/cat delete pipe that is just bolt on so i can re-install when i need to go in for an inspection. and as far as a programmer i know that spartan is coming out with a tuner but; what about using the superchips programmer and running the files if that makes sense?
For the pipe you can check out KEMperformance.com, Spartandieseltech.com or xtremedieselperformance.com......they aren't using the Superchips anymore, cuz they no longer have the software to load the programming on there

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok i understand now about KEM/Spartan. I'm going to go into twisted diesel performance and talk to them some more about the delete and see what they can do about the delete and getting the dpf delete tune. The exhaust I'm looking at getting is the MBRP dual T5053 kit.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For your pipe for SURE follow that link above...Sean is a GREAT guy, the pipe fits perfect, price is right, and shipping is fast.

Scott
Pahrump your truck looks great. I replied to your thread about getting more pics up of the delete pipe installed and the doc/dpf fully removed. did you do the removal and installation your self. if so what tools were used and how easy or difficult was the installation?

this is my first diesel but i cant wait to learn as much as i can about it. i have many plans for the future but dont plan on going too extreme. lol

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Yeah I did all the work myself...did everything to my truck myself...lift and everything

Tools....13mm for the sensors...and I think its a 14mm for the bolts at the flange...thats it.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for that info. now just need to do some more research about using the superchips programmer to see if someone has a dpf tune for it before i start purchasing the delete and exhaust.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Sorry....SuperChips is not allowing the DPF delete tunes to be installed on their tuner...you are NOT going to find one...UNLESS you find an old Spartan Superchips tuner that someone is selling.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.