Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys im trying to decide between the DP tuner and TW chip.
I really like the TW it has all the exact levels i want for my truck. but i really like
the DP is because they have the cool remote switch that shows you which level your on. i wish i could use the dp switch with the tw haha.

any of you guys have any suggestions that could help me

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
when i was trying to decide there was one major factor. with the DP F6 chip i never have to unplug my chip. jody sends me tunes through email. One time i ordered a tune and i called jody and told him i had a truck pull in two days and would like the tune if possible. well the next day at 8 in the morning i had the tune. thats just one story and i know tony has many good ones as well.
both great tuners! cant go wrong with either. . . good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the f6 sounds awesome i think id love it too. BUT i really cant afford it so i was looking to get the f5. thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
I also have the F6 and while I didnt have the money to get all the tunes I want, it sure will be nice to not have to pull the chip while I wait on tunes! But yes it is twice as much--- good luck!

·
Registered
862 Posts
IMO go with TW. That way if you ever decided you want to try any one else tuning all you do is send the chip to ANYONE else that tunes and they can reburn it with there tunes.

With a DP you are stuck with them.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
IMO go with TW. That way if you ever decided you want to try any one else tuning all you do is send the chip to ANYONE else that tunes and they can reburn it with there tunes.

With a DP you are stuck with them.
Good point:nod:

It is not hard to learn the 6 positons and if it is you can always count the clicks or mark them out some how. I prefer the knob i can put it any where. As to the guage switch DP uses it is just to tempting for others to play with.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I could care less how the postions are selected. I have TW and love it. If I ever tried someone else, DP would be my last choice. To many stories about people blowing motors with DP (even low hp motors). You cant tow with Jodys 80e tune without risking engine failure. Every single one of Tonys tunes has tow safe timing. I have also seen trucks that say their 80e from Jody dynos more power than his 140race:dunno:

I know many people are happy with Jody. I never plan to use other tunes besides Tonys, and if I did I would be going straight to PHP:thumb:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you guys i really appreciate your opinions. i think i am just going to get the TW chip.
anyone ever deal with CT Performance? I might order it from them.

·
Registered
747 Posts
just curious, does the dp chip tune your trans aswell? and what exactly does the TW tune in your trans?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
just curious, does the dp chip tune your trans aswell? and what exactly does the TW tune in your trans?
Yeah DP tunes the tranny also. Tony tunes shift points, shift timing, shift firmness, line pressure and Im not sure what all else.

·
Registered
747 Posts
is that rough on your stocke tranny? but obvs better than running a tune with out it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
i love my DP tuner!

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
How about Swamps or BTS?

:D

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I would go with a TS performance chip.... get it tuned by someone such as beans, swamps, tony, etc....

those 3 i just named i have heard NUMEROUS good things about... if i was to switch from TW it would be straight to Beans

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I love my dp tuner tunes. Jody has shown me excellent customer service on numerous occasions. The threads that I have seen about blowing motors with the 80 is because they were using an 80 econo instead of an 80 tow. But anyways, all of the above mentioned companies have great feedback, so the way I see it you can't go wrong. Btw, the trans tuning is actually better for your stock tranny. My truck slips from 3rd to 4th on stock, and when tuned it runs amazing!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I love my dp tuner tunes. Jody has shown me excellent customer service on numerous occasions. The threads that I have seen about blowing motors with the 80 is because they were using an 80 econo instead of an 80 tow. But anyways, all of the above mentioned companies have great feedback, so the way I see it you can't go wrong. Btw, the trans tuning is actually better for your stock tranny. My truck slips from 3rd to 4th on stock, and when tuned it runs amazing!
Either way it should not blow a motor from towing on 80e. I said in my post 80e which is economy. Why does DP tuned truck seem to have more problems than any other tuners?:dunno: Im not putting down Jody, I am just giving my opinion on what I have noticed and talked about with some big names in the diesel community and diesel owners with alot of knowledge.

Like I said, many are very pleased with Jodys tunes:thumb: I just feel there are other options to look at:nod:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would go with a TS performance chip.... get it tuned by someone such as beans, swamps, tony, etc....

those 3 i just named i have heard NUMEROUS good things about... if i was to switch from TW it would be straight to Beans

why go with a TS when u will be sending it off to Tony or the other guys, be better to just buy from tony, he is getting to be pretty big around here and there is one guy that anyone that wants to buy a Wildman chip from and that is Rusty Oeth, the man is a 7.3 guru. we just put a TW in my buddies 01 and let me tell ya i was set on a DP but DP just totally lost my money and i have rode in PSD with DP and thought they were king dong, TW on a stocker will spank any stocker with a DP hands down seen it too many times

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
why go with a TS when u will be sending it off to Tony or the other guys, be better to just buy from tony, he is getting to be pretty big around here and there is one guy that anyone that wants to buy a Wildman chip from and that is Rusty Oeth, the man is a 7.3 guru. we just put a TW in my buddies 01 and let me tell ya i was set on a DP but DP just totally lost my money and i have rode in PSD with DP and thought they were king dong, TW on a stocker will spank any stocker with a DP hands down seen it too many times
It is a TS chip with tony's tunes on it!!! You can get the TS tuned by anyone is that true??

maybe im wrong but i thought the chip itself was a TS

1 - 20 of 41 Posts