Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a towing chip plugged in right behind the e brake. would a sct x3 be stackable? my truck is a 1999 7.3. new to diesels truck came with the 80hp towing chip. idk if its burned to the ecu or just plugged in. any info will help.
thanks
will

·
Registered
652 Posts
Cant stack on a 7.3l They cancel each other out

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought so. is there any harm in removing the 80hp tow chip and programming for a bit to see how the truck does then plug the chip back in? i just don't want to harm anything. better yet i don't know how to get the chip i have in now out. its located behind the e brake pedal. maybe i should stop messing with my truck and just drive it how it is. idk if that's possible though.
any one have any ideas?
thanks
will

·
Registered
652 Posts
What kind of chip is it? If it is plugged into the pcm by the e brake pedal then you have to take out the pcm under the hood (10mm) then the 2 holding the pcm bracket out which are 7mm then you can pop it out. No it should be fine to take out. I would recommend getting a different chip either Dp, TW, or others. Custom is the best!

·
Registered
652 Posts
If you have any problems pm me

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
check the tech files. theres a right up on how to remove the chip. . . but i agree with everything kyle kleinss said.

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright mine is kind of like that i think. i dont have a cord coming out of it though. i think its just a single chip

1 - 11 of 11 Posts