Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying a DP tuner chip for my 01 powerstroke. How hard is it to install? I have a superchip right now so all i know is the plug and play type. is the installation something that can be done easily on my own or is it something that id be better off taking to a shop to install for me?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'm not very tech-savvy but I was able to install it easily. The instructions provided are clear and there's even a video in the tech files by Maintain that shows it step by step too.

·
Registered
313 Posts
yeah its an easy one, just take your time

the only bad thing will be replacing your tires :rofl:

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just did one today, along with an S&B intake...all together took me about 2 hours the hardest part of the DP is weding you hand in the engine compartment to get that screw off the PCM...then its all a steep down hill from there! Definetly get it man the tunes are sick....140 agressive makes the cars behind you dissapear!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hella want the 140 aggressive tune lol. the only thing i am worried about is i have 4 inch exhaust that dumps underneath the cab. i dont know if it would be good to have all the smoke dumping underneath the cab. what do you think?

·
Registered
272 Posts
i think you should spend a little extra and get some sweet stacks coming up through the bed....or have some one weld the exhaust to come out the side before your rear wheel. I saw a truck at a truck show that had two pipes along the bottom of the cab on each side, probably about 6 inch or soo.....almost like stacks except underneath the cab

1 - 7 of 7 Posts