Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of mileage gains does a dp tuner give you on a 1999 powerstroke with a 2002 motor in it?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Do you have the 2002 PCM installed too or just the motor? Econo tune, maybe 3mpg gain. Any power tune and you're right foot gets heavy for some reason

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
you will probably wont gain much if any, its hard to drive nice after you get one of these

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have the 2002 PCM installed too or just the motor? Econo tune, maybe 3mpg gain. Any power tune and you're right foot gets heavy for some reason
Still the 1999 one, i guess they changed the injecters to fire more times for 2002 or something. but it is probabaly not doing that because of the older PCM.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:bump::bump:

·
Registered
50 Posts
i think i've gained somthing not sure having too much fun right now i just installed mine a couple weeks ago and only put a tank through it and was beating it pretty hard a still managed 15mpg. i'm trying to be good on this tank do far so good but i don't drive it everyday i drive a ranger that only takes $60-70 to fill instead of 100+

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i remember reading somewhere that a dp tuner activates your ebpv is that right?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:bump::bump:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have kept my foot out of it and have seen up to 21.57 mpg highway :thumb:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I want to know what happened to the 99 block and rods??? :evillol:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have kept my foot out of it and have seen up to 21.57 mpg highway :thumb:
Is that hand calculated????? Or from the Overhead?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i think i remember reading somewhere that a dp tuner activates your ebpv is that right?
I belive he has a tune that can activate it for a exhaust brake tune or something. They can also turn it off as well. In my hi idle i had Jody turn it off so it doesnt make that horrible noise when its warming up in the winter

·
Registered
447 Posts
He can put you in a decel tune that activates the EBPV to close off. I just got it and have not had the opportunity to mess with it much.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Is that hand calculated????? Or from the Overhead?
i have similar results with mine hand calculated.. I've gotten over that already also 22 - 23..
cruise control at 65..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my tunes for about a month,no towing yet. In 80E I went from 12 to 14.5 around town.highway went from 14-15 to 18.5. power is amazing as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
189 Posts
not to steal the thread but these 20+ guys are you running your DP on the 80 economy setting or is it on higher levels

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd like to know also. Th e best that i can get is 15 with the cruise set at 65. I have an automatic tranny and have thought about going to a 6 speed if it will get me to 19 mpg or so.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what is the lope idle used for?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts