Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buy a DP tuner and love the idea of having the 140hp smoke tune on my truck. However, i have 4 inch straight pipe exhaust dumping under the cab. Would this be a bad idea to have so much smoke dumping underneath the cab of should i just get the other 140hp tune? Thanks

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
if you dont mind black smoke dumping underneath your truck then go for it, might not look the best. I myself would want my exhaust either going up to stacks or out the rear of the truck so your not breathing in those fumes at idle and what not. I myself would change my exhaust before I worried about a smoke tune, thats just me though

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what if just got the 140 extreme tune instead? Is there any performance difference between this and the smoke tune? does the 140 extreme smoke alot too?

·
Registered
281 Posts
140 Extreme smoke some, but not nearly as much at the Smoke Tune, there is an initial puff of smoke when you get on it and a little if you keep in it, but it's not bad, performance is equal between the two.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think going with the extreme would be better for my exhaust setup? I really want the smoke tune but dont want to screw anything up underneath the truck. I have a turndown tip on it so it should just shoot the smoke off the road. What do you guys think lol?

·
Registered
281 Posts
the smoke and the extreme was the same. They dont put the smoke tune on them anymore do they.

Nope, smoke is now just called the Aggressive tune. Extreme is tuned differently that aggressive/smoke, you have the same power between EX and AGR but AGR gives you way more fuel at the top end hence the black cloud

·
Registered
281 Posts
Do you think going with the extreme would be better for my exhaust setup? I really want the smoke tune but dont want to screw anything up underneath the truck. I have a turndown tip on it so it should just shoot the smoke off the road. What do you guys think lol?
You're still going to get a far amount of smoke collecting under you truck, when you truck is moving it still won't be able to clear all of it from under there, I'd go with the extreme in your case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts