Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a box with the special red tape around it today and cannot get to a computer to pull up the install directions till sometime saturday.My computer for some reason is not running any pdf files and am in the country on dial-up so a video will be downloading still by the time saturday rolls around anyways. Is there a write up other than the pdf file at DP-tuner or IDP i can look at somewhere or do one of you guys have the quick jest on install? I am assuming something along the lines of taking pcm back out opening it and plugging the DP into it somewhere? Yes, i could be wrong so if I must wait then I shall wait impatiently!!! Thanx in advance for any guidance on this.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
remove key from ignition, remove pcm and housing, remoev pcm from housing, remove plastic cap on back of pcm, you need to clean the connector its recommended to split the halves by removing the six bolts, clean silicone off the connection on both sides, some copper may show through the tin, improper cleaning could cause problems, reassemble pcm, place chip with cable connected into connector port, make sure chip is fully seated, it may stick out some but don't worry, secure chip with some cloth tape, place pcm back into housing, loop wire back through housing, reinstall in truck, route switch wire and connect to remote, start engine and enjoy.

hope this helps I got it from DP's site just a litle shorter

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK appreciate it Natureboynate will give that a whirl this afternoon and see what we get.Rainmanz i appreciate the link to the vid but my dial up is running at 26.4 kbs and it takes forever to download.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Did you open your box yet?

Try that, I'll bet ya there's a set of instructions(the exact pdf you want to print off) in the box.

I got mine yesterday at 4 pm., when I woke up. I got some coffee, made my kids dinner, and still had the truck put back together at 5pm.

later

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
you are in for a treat as soon as you get it in my friend. Smiles every time your in your truck!

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Well it looks like this one is covered!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
B I G THANKS to everyone who responded, went up to the coffee shop to check out the vid Maintain,great info. Anyway no instuctions with box but got it and the overboost annihalator on and DUDE!!! I can't believe that is my truck, 37" tires on the other hand:(. Well to anyone who has not ordered yet, get busy , worth every penny and some. Thanks DP-Tuner:rofl:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Very cool man...:thumb:

·
Registered
360 Posts
B I G THANKS to everyone who responded, went up to the coffee shop to check out the vid Maintain,great info. Anyway no instuctions with box but got it and the overboost annihalator on and DUDE!!! I can't believe that is my truck, 37" tires on the other hand:(. Well to anyone who has not ordered yet, get busy , worth every penny and some. Thanks DP-Tuner:rofl:
I am glad I have 37s, they chirp pretty easy. I can't imagine what kind of a traction problem you would have with stock tires.:burnout

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand you on the big tires.I imagine one of the extreme settings would just boil a set of stock tires right off. My wife got home and she has done nothing but rag on my truck since I bought it,too big,too slow,stomp the pedal and nothing happens,blah blah blah.Well i turned the tuner to 120 and asked her to go drive it :rofl: Her face got white but she hung in there till about 90 and just had a huge grin on her face with a one word reply "WOW"

·
Registered
360 Posts
I understand you on the big tires.I imagine one of the extreme settings would just boil a set of stock tires right off. My wife got home and she has done nothing but rag on my truck since I bought it,too big,too slow,stomp the pedal and nothing happens,blah blah blah.Well i turned the tuner to 120 and asked her to go drive it :rofl: Her face got white but she hung in there till about 90 and just had a huge grin on her face with a one word reply "WOW"
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:That is awesome!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Diane, I will lie and tell you there were directions :) . Having your product in my house was like being sixteen again with your first car in the driveway the first night you owned it-no sleep and the only thing on your mind ......so I made a trip to find a working computer to watch Maintain's Video. I would like to thank you and Jody tons.......I can't believe what a difference that chip made! Like a Chevette to Corvette. I will be referring everyone I meet who owns a diesel so please dont " FIRE " yourself.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Hey Diane, I will lie and tell you there were directions :) . Having your product in my house was like being sixteen again with your first car in the driveway the first night you owned it-no sleep and the only thing on your mind ......so I made a trip to find a working computer to watch Maintain's Video. I would like to thank you and Jody tons.......I can't believe what a difference that chip made! Like a Chevette to Corvette. I will be referring everyone I meet who owns a diesel so please dont " FIRE " yourself.

Thanks.

Oh no I won't be getting fired. :ar15: I do all the packing, every now and again Jody likes to give me a hard time. :taze: All in fun really. He actually took the blame for it when I ready your post. :wink[3]: I asked why and he said he can't afford to loose his packing and processing department. :hehe:

:thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts