Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
early '99 SD, 7.3 liter, have the DP chip: Tow, Econo 80hp, and 100 HP settings.

I've been using the Econo 80 for many tanks of fuel so far, and have averaged 16.9 mpg overall. My last MPG was 17.1 for example - and all are hand calculated.

I tried using the 100 hp setting this last tank and drove like always: easy on the right foot. My MPG this tank, with carefully filling to the max - was 18.3 for 370 miles. The driving during this last tankfull was somewhat more miles on slow and steep terrain than normal, but overall similar. I drive the same route every day, with variable off-road a part of it (no 4x4 in summer).

I intend on keeping the 100hp setting for a few more tanks and see if it holds up. Will leave a note after...

Of course I have the Gear Vendor unit arriving any day now - so better get the data I need soon!

Regards,

Flinch

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
People have tested and have seen that the 140 setting has even better mileage. It late and I am a little lazy trying to find the thread for you, but I think it has something to do with the advanced injector timing or ICP pressure in the higher settings with no load on the engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts