Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don,t run on 120 often, just to pass and show off when I 1st got it. Have read on the Org here that people are getting better milage with the hotter tunes. So I switched to 120 and notice that the TC seems to luckup at 45mph, on 80e the TC apeares to lock up at 35mph. If this is happening, I would think that hier lockup would get you lower milage, guess it wouldn't matter at hiway speeds.

Can anyone elighten me?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Run the program but keep your foot out of it and see how it does. I've heard others talk about getting better mileage with hotter programs as well. As you said the TC lockup is only going to be an issue at lower speeds where it is unlocked. But it seems everyone's truck is different.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I get the best mileage with 80econo or 140race. Both yield me over 18mpg.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now almost all of our driving is city. That happens to be whare I tryed 120 and noticed the lockup thing. Once in a while we do take a long trip, and I'll compare then.

Becouse of short and different length city driving, too much fluctuation, I don't yet know milage difference with the chip. Thanks guys

·
Registered
163 Posts
Jody gave me an 80 econo test tune when I ordered my chip a couple of weeks ago. with a full tank, AMSOIL diesel concentrate and the econo test tune, I got a hair over 20! That was 50/50 city/highway! I came up with those numbers based off of topping off my tank for a road trip and hand calculating. Now after that, I drove only 90 miles on the same amount. WTF? I think I got some bad fuel at exxon. Lately I have only bought BP and Shell. On my roadtrip, I only got 455 on a tank, which comes out to a little over 16. On that trip when I noticed my mileage going down the crapper, I stopped off and topped off again and thats how I know I used the same amount of fuel. My driving was about 90/10 highway/city and I never went above 73. There were a lot of rolling hills though, maybe they don't mix with cruise control? One thing about that test tune, Jody told me he firmed up the shifts. It really bumps on the 2-3 shift.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Run the program but keep your foot out of it and see how it does. I've heard others talk about getting better mileage with hotter programs as well. As you said the TC lockup is only going to be an issue at lower speeds where it is unlocked. But it seems everyone's truck is different.
That is the truth.

I get the best mileage with 80econo or 140race. Both yield me over 18mpg.
80eco seems to be the best for me on the highway. I was getting 20-21mpg on my last trip. Remember to always hand calc your mileage. My lie-o-meter still says 50something.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts