Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i found an 05 450 lariat 4x4.. beautiful truck great shape, brand new continential tires.. what are the downsides comapred to a 350? obviously mpg's will be down with lower gearing. does registration cost more? anything cost more to maintian? i really dont need a 450 but the price is right and why not, it would be cool, also the tighter turning radius would be nice..

http://www.magnamtruck.com/used/For...94046388f0020e746d74bddbf.htm?useHistory=true

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
not a bad deal!! :nod:

are you going to be doing alot of towing w/ it??

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really. Don't haul the camper too often. Really I could live with a 250. I want to upgrade to a CC 4x4. I kinda want a dually so I have an excuse to buy a 40+ ft fifth wheel down the road. I just thought this 450 was sweet. Anyone know how these things do in snow with the continental tires?

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
that is a very nice truck!!! thats a hefty price also,and its a 6.0.. ive been a ferd lover (7.3 lover) since they figured out that it needed a turbo,and when they did away with the 7.3 and came out with the 6.0,i was like"dam,why did they down size?" on top of that the 6.0 was problematic,that killed the deal on the 6.0 fer me.6.4 was a lil better,but still would not have one.we will see with the 6.7,its supposed sucsseed all expectation's...we will see.....over all though,nice truck. i guess its prefrence when it comes to these truck's

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm prepared to deal with the 6.0's issues. That's not my concern. The 450 vs 350 is myreason for this thread. Thanks

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
I'm prepared to deal with the 6.0's issues. That's not my concern. The 450 vs 350 is myreason for this thread. Thanks
well one has a heavier tow weight,bigger leaf springs,same truck, just beefier

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone have one as a daily driver?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Guy at my office does. He has no issues in the 100k he put on it. he tows his motor home with it on the weekends.

He came from a f250, no real difference he feels other than capacity to pull.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I was looking at the exact same truck, they have one a year newer with 80k miles thats still under warranty for a little bit more, might want to consider that one and have the head gaskets replaced under warranty

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Rougher ride would be my only worry but its basically the same as a 350. The 450 does have larger brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts