Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get my exhaust off. The rest came off fine, but I can not get this damn clamp off. Tried everything I could think off, and nothing...any tricks or something I'm missing. Help me! S*** I'm dumb. :buttkick::eek:wned::doh:

Said clamp in question...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Loosen it, take a long pry bar, and put it right where nut comes out, in between the nut and the clamp bend and hit it with a hammer, it will cause the clamp to twist and unbudge. either that or hit it a couple times around the flange to knock it loose, Just try not to beat it up too much, Even if it comes out broken, a new is like $15 :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea when i did my exhuast it was stuck on there pretty good, i ended up tapping the far side with a punch on the thicker "v" part in the direction of the firewall. Once it broke free I just work it around for a bit and it popped off.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking that, but I was a little nervous to force it right against the nut/stud to free it. But, ill give it a go. If it's only $15 what the hell. I figured that'd be a $40 part from the dealer with their prices:hehe:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bingo. Thanks guys. Sounds awesome with the new exhaust on it

·
Registered
568 Posts
No problem!! Post any more questions if you need more help! Enjoy :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
glad you got it worked out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts