Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i'm probably going to go buy my stack locally today. 6" or 7" not sure yet, it depends on how I like the look of each of them.

Anyway I'm putting together my own stack setup and I was wondering if I should go with the 4" dp or not?

Right now i'm 3.5" straightpiped, and I was just going to use the stock dp and under the cab, but if there is a big diff i may go 4" turbo back.

Any advantage to this other than to reduce egt's? Sound maybe?

later

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
I noticed a EGT and sound diff mine has a deeper tone and I also did the Power Elbow which deletes the EBPV which increases flow even more

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Taylor :thumb: That's what I figured as far as sound and temp difference. Did you do the dp swap and the elbow alone? Or did you do it at the same time you did the exhaust?
Just wondering, cause if I do it, I will do it the same time I am doing the stack, so I won't know what differnce the downpipe makes by itself, ya know?

later

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Thanks Taylor :thumb: That's what I figured as far as sound and temp difference. Did you do the dp swap and the elbow alone? Or did you do it at the same time you did the exhaust?
Just wondering, cause if I do it, I will do it the same time I am doing the stack, so I won't know what differnce the downpipe makes by itself, ya know?

later
No problem man

Actually I did the Magnaflow 4inch Stainless Exhaust turbo back first and that kit even through its called 4 inch turbo back came with a 3 1/2 inch DP and about 3 to 4 months later I installed the Banks Power Elbow kit with the true 4 inch DPand EBPV delete Elbow and could tell a difference in sound much deeper and power

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumb: Cool, thanks for the replies...

later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts