Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys so I got the downpipe in my old girl and man was that a B**CH. It took me six hours just to cut the old one out and put the new one in but it was worth the time.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Grats....puttin a downpipe on the OBS trucks is probably one of the more aggravating/time consuming modifications you'll undertake

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Enjoy the new sounds! One mod down and an insane number to do.
Craig

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
nicely done. they are a pain, mine took just as long. but worth the PITA for sure

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
call me a poon but i payed for mine to get done and thank god i did. they had that thing jacked up in the air since the portapack broke and used a huge metal rod to pry my fw back. but ya that dp gave them hell i remember them cussin lol

·
Registered
854 Posts
Oh it's definitely worthy of a cussin'.... You can tell they built the motor around the truck and not vice versa :(

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ya the turbo is a HELL of alot louder. i still remember, when i had the factory exhaust i really couldnt hear a single sound from the turbo. but as soon as i got the full exhaust on it was sooooo sick! mainly the only thing that makes the turbo so much louder in the obs, is bc of the TOTAL P.O.S. dp. its about an inch wide and snakes down with alot of curves. as opposed to a 3'' or 3.5'' dp that a full tube all the way down and pretty much straight. taylor if i were you id straight pipe your truck, the absolute best $350 ive EVER spent!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
full system with muff and cat delete btw not factory straight piped

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was definately worth the work and the PITA the turbo also seems to spool a whole lot better

1 - 12 of 12 Posts