Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i took off my exhaust last night but couldnt get my downpipe off. I havent cut it yet, but will when i get home. I would think that by loosening the flange where it connects to the turbo would allow for some movement, howeverit will not budge at all, no matter what direction i try to move it. It seems like i need a flange spreader to open it up but cant quite tell. I dont know if the 07 is any different but thats what im working with. Any help wound be appreciated!

BTW I got my Silverline Stainless Turboback from [email protected], easy to work with and fast shipping:woot::woot:

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
no spreader needed. just loosen the clamp, then use a long common screwdriver to break it free from the turbo flange and downpipe. it will come loose. when you get the clamp real loose, try to open it up and slide it towards the turbo itself, then the pipe will come right off.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the clamp loose, but it seems like its welded to the dp. should i just try and pry the clamp off???? It looks like there is a lip around the entire turbo outlet that the pipe is around...

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
the two flanges just meet and are pressed together by the "V" band clamp. once the clamp is loose, it should just comeapart. they arent welded, there is however a little hook that is on the stock DP but is plays no part in keeping them together tightly. let me take a pic and show you where to pry at. give me about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Just loosen the nut all the way, and slide the t-bar out of the clamp. That way you KNOW it's loose. Then you can just spread the clamp with your fingers, or use a screwdriver. The v-band clamp holds the two parts in compression, so it will be kind of tough, but when it comes loose, you'll know it.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
PM with a pic on the way.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome, thanks for all the help guys. I bought the Silverline Black SS tip too, as my truck is black, i will post some pics when i get them!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Did you get it? Mine has two little tabs on the down pipe that hook over the lip of flange on the turbo. I finally just took the clamp completely off--then it was obvious and a piece of cake.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will be taking the ring completely off when i get home today. I tried taking it off last night but in feal or breaking or bending anything i didnt try too hard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts