Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way to fit a double sized receiver in a smaller 2001 f250 dash? I know the 2006 dash will work fine but the 2001 is the basssterd in the middle size. Has anyone make it work with out useing the flip-up style? thanks.

(one such as this Kenwood DNX7120 Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com )

·
Registered
345 Posts
the dash can be trimmed to accomadate the double din unit, or i saw a thread a while back where somebody took an 06 dash panel and replaced the 01 as well....

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Yes it will work just fine. You do have to do a very small amount of trimming, but it all looks factory when done.

NCH

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Yup. You've gotta trim the 1/8th inch lip off of the radio hole. Also, you won't need a fit kit for it, you'll have to make your own install kit. Here's some pics of my Alpine IVA-W200 in my 2000 F-250

Notice how the top lip is missing in this pic?

Few pics of how I secured the radio:

Sirius Controller:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup. You've gotta trim the 1/8th inch lip off of the radio hole. Also, you won't need a fit kit for it, you'll have to make your own install kit. Here's some pics of my Alpine IVA-W200 in my 2000 F-250

Sirius Controller:

Thanks for the pictures..Looks simple enough, did you just drill holes in that area of the dash and get your own screw to secure the radio?

Thanks for the replies.

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts

Sirius Controller:

Nice, I have the exact same unit its awesome and easy install just a lil trimming

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Thanks for the pictures..Looks simple enough, did you just drill holes in that area of the dash and get your own screw to secure the radio?
Drilled the holes. I forget if the screws came with the unit or not. I know there were some that came with it but I don't remember if they were long enough or not... If they weren't then I got new longer screws at Lowe's.

Nice, I have the exact same unit its awesome and easy install just a lil trimming
Yup... I love it.

:icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info, now all I have to do is decide on which one I should get ( will get a good one, I'm the kind of person that has to go big if I'm going to do something) and try to justify the money. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts