Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im new here so im going to go ahead and ask a stupid question how hard is it to install new door speakers in a 04 CC and what sizes do I need to fit well ?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Pretty easy. Take out the red reflector, you find one screw. Take off the power window panel, you find the other. Take those off, disconnect power window/lock switches, slide the door panel up a bit, and it comes right off.

It's a bit of a pain to feed new speaker wires through the tube that has all the other wires, but not that hard. Front and rear speaker are both 6x8.

I highly recommend component speakers, the sound is a lot better. You can mount the tweeter on the black panel that's right across from the rear view mirror.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I have some JL Audio components that mount the tweeter on top of the midrange. I hid the crossover for each one behind the door handle pull and used double sided tape to keep it there. They sound great. This way they look totally stock, very clean.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
woo! just got back from a sound competition and i hit 158.5 decibels with one 12"! sorry to hijack im just excited to give others an idea there were guys with 2 18'' subs only hitting 155.3

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I might have to check in the RF shallow subs, I have 4 Diamond Audio 10's behind my back seat and they don't compare to my Solobarics or CVX... I am highly not impressed...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
well keep in mind thats decbels inside the box not on the dash. those guys also make 150s on the dash! but they call mine a P3 (stage) and btw its a shallow mount. hey big red go in my garage and you can see my set up. its a custom box that takes up behind the entire rear seat and a 12'' port on the opposite side of the box. its crazy! but you have to get shallows bc a regular one wont fit. magnet is too big

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
My box is very similar to that it just has 4 10's in it though. On some songs they sound awesome and hit extremely hard but they just don't compare to 12's because they don't sound good on all types of music...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
i know what your talkin about my 12 sounds good on all music except two songs i know of it sounds terrible, I.N.D.E.P.E.N.D.E.N.T. and My Duggy-lil will. lol i listen to more country ive just noticed it sounds weird the way they set the bass notes up in those songs

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good sound is as dependent on the box as it is the drivers

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
i still cant believe i hit 158.5! i was expecting a max of 120s lol

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
oh i know but the competition was actually for decibels inside the box i guess to give everyone a fair chance lol

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Do you really have enough air space for 4 10s? That's probably why it doesn't sound as good as it should. I have 4 8s, and my box is on the small side for them. Mine sounds pretty good on most music, but certain kinds of bass sound kinda crappy. A lot of Akon stuff comes to mind. I think it's more the song than the system though. I've been thinking of supplementing the 8s with a 12w7 in a custom center console. The factory one is too low anyway. I'm just not very talented in artistic stuff like that. I'd like to build a console covered in leather or vinyl that's high enough to act as an arm rest too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok guys thanks for the response but where do the speakers tie in to the stock radio wires or do I have to run new speaker wires all the way to the radio?
Like I said Im a new be only work on rigging up old crap for other people, sorry for the stupid questions but I let circuit city work on my last two trucks and I guess you guys know how that goes took 4 or 5 trips to get it right, oh and two weeks becuase they ordered something that wouldnt fit.
and I cant afford the extra money to pay them diesel is killing me, I am a college student who drives 100 miles a day to and from school and work, oh and I have a heavy foot.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It depends on how exotic you want to get. If you're just doing coaxial 6x8s, then just get the adapter harness for your truck from circuit city or somewhere like that. Then just solder the wires to the speaker or crimp push on connectors to the adapter harness. If you're running components, you'll need to mount the crossover in the door and run wires to the midrange driver and tweeter. I put my tweeters on the dash, so I ran a wire through the door boot up to the dash. There's not really a good place on the door to put anything but a very small tweeter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts