Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is getting pretty annoying.
I seem to have narrowed it down to my passenger side door. WHen ever it is opened and then closed. It will still show the door being open and the doem light will stay on, along with the dash light.

It will cut off when you hit secong gear (somekind of saftey thing) but it will cut back on as I'm braking and slowing down to a stop. This gets real annoying!!!!

I need to either fix the problem or by-pass it. I'd rather fix it???

Any idea's??

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Spray some WD40 in the lock catch, that is where to door ajar light get's its reading from.

NCH

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info....

Do you or anybody else know the easy way to pull the door panels off??

I am also wanting to loosen up my locks, they are very sticky.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got the same issue on my 2000 X. I'm looking into the relay to see if there is an issue. If i find out anything, i'll post it up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remember mine is only with one door not all.... so I'm pretty sure its just the switch on the passenger side.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
There is a screw under the light lense down below and you have to push the front of the switch bezel forward to get to the other screw. Then lift straight up and off, very simple.

NCH

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I will try it as soon as I can!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Had the same problem with the light. I simply sprayed some carb cleaner on the latch first, then a healthy spray of lubricant. i used a teflon spray to try to keep the dust and dirt off it (I believe that WD40) is actually more of a dirt attraction than it is a lube. JMO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just happened to me today, WD-40 trick worked like a charm. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
358 Posts
one thing I found out works better than WD 40 is white lithium grease (spray) as long as you dont mind the latch being covered in white grease. It isnt really noticable. Now on that note, dont tell anyone I suggested something over WD 40.... I dont want to put a damper on my redneck status!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts