Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the door molding on my truck its starting to fade and really bring the whole truck down and I like the clean look better
I have done it before on my old truck but it was a real pain in the :shoot: and every wash I had to really work that spot

Looking for an easy way maybe someone who has been down this road and had better luck or a body man who can point to some good products because that 3M stuff ford uses really likes to stick

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
I just had to redo one of my fender flares that was held on by said 3M tape and I bought some 3M adhesive remover from wal mart and that stuff was awesome!

·
Registered
852 Posts
i just ripped off the moldings on my truck, then just go down to your local auto parts store and they should have a adhesive wheel remover. Take the majority of the stuff off, then use some lacquer thinner, followed up with some good quality wax, it will look like brand new.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I wish i woulda used the wheel instead of my fingers, they didnt hurt the day i took my mouldings off. I am really happy with how mine turned out since my mouldings were starting to fade kinda like your talking bout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts