Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Door locks stopped working after battery died, The remotes, door switches, and keypad appear to have no effect on the actuators. I do hear a clicking sound behind the radio (GEM?) when I attempt to lock or unlock the doors with the remotes. Help please.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Is the battery(ies) still dead or weak?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Batteries seem fine jumped truck and drove for a couple hours no issues then 20 hour drive but no locks, my fog lights went out earlier in the week and right HID stopped working same time as locks, also when brights turned off speedo gauge drops 10MPH and ABS light comes on for 5 seconds then off. Weird voodoo....

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Load test both your batts, check the alternator too.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
That's why I said do that.
Do you know what low voltage will do?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
It will do crazy things, seriously. I'm not saying that is it, but when batteries are dead and then electronics start acting strange, check voltage first.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow, I just had the same issue with my 04. It started out with driver side rear door not locking or unlocking with remote, but would work with drivers door lock. Then a couple days later the truck was sluggish to start, had the batteries load tested and was told both were bad. I have since replaced both batteries which the sluggish start has stopped, however I still cannot get driver side rear door to lock and unlock. Thought it was isolated to that door, but now my passenger front door has stopped working.

Gonna get my alternator tested after reading this thread.

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts