Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at getting a diesel pickup. I want something newer because it's gonna be our main form of transportation for my wife and I. My budget is about 30k. I keep hearing all this negativity about the 6.0 powerstroke. I'm trying to get some insight on this. People say the 7.3 is the way to go but I don't wanna go that old. I'm looking at the 2006 f250 4x4 diesel. Please help. Should I be looking at something else? I will be towing a 27ft fifth wheel. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
19,835 Posts
If you're looking at a 6.0L at a dealer, make sure to ask him if everything has been done that should be done. (TSBs, recalls) - Ask for any maintanence records that might be available (if the owner took it to a dealer for service) and a CarFax report. The later ones should have the bugs worked out. Another thing to consider is that a lot of the negative info out there is from people who had problems. The people who had no problems are less likely to put out that info.

If you search some of the 6.0L threads here, you'll see some people talking about thier issues, but also many will say they've driven their 6.0L for ###,### many miles and it's still going strong.

Good luck in your search and :ORG welcome: - Glad to have you jump in here with us diesel junkies!!! :hehe:

·
Registered
822 Posts
i agree with raul you could find a nice 6.4 in that budget unless your just set on a 6.0 then id look around and 08-10 models i have seen 6.0s take a beating and still goin if you want reliabilty then dont mod whatever you get leave it stock and itll be fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts