Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Sunday I decided not to be lazy and go the car wash and dug out my powerwasher from it's winter hibernation... I had my truck out in the country Friday night and it was just plastered with bugs....Long and short of this washed the passgenger side with no problem, started on the drivers side... was spraying off the driver side mirror (above the running light/T signal) and all of the sudden plastic just started flying... the mirror looks like it's been through a cheese shredder and has a beautiful line it now... Called the dealer to price it out... $600 bucks...I about fell out of my chair. I have searched the internet looking for somewhere to pick one up, but no luck so far. I can't look at this it's in my face every time I walk up to the truck, but I am having a hard time bringing my self to pay $600 bucks for a mirror. I have only had my 08 for a little over a month, talk about wanting to kick your own a$$... (I have used my powerwasher on my last truck, same nozzle, never a problem) Anyway, just had to share...if anybody as in clue or suggestion on where to get one cheaper please let me know. (Heated,PowerFold,Extend)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I have been checking it out. they have a Passenger Side one on there now for $350... of course not the driver side!:doh:

Guess I will just have to keep watching it for one, or payout the nose:tard:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool try and see what I can find, thanks!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol! believe me, I am seriously thinking about it. I just try not to lie about stuff, always comes back on ya. Going to try one more time with my salesmen and see if I can get him to push the warranty thing....they could do it if they wanted to...

·
Registered
818 Posts
what is your deductable, if its 500 then they are only going to pay the other 100. Hate to ask you to do it, But you got a picture you can post:dunno:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah my deduct is $500 so I know it's not worth it. I haven't taken any yet, but my Dad and brother back in TN (I'm in IA) are asking for for pics too... I will get some up for you guys too...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Dang...bum luck man, sorry to hear about that....but.......

:worthless[1]:

:icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
You must have a [email protected]$$ pressure washer or were you using a 0 degree tip? Sorry about the luck. How about Stealth Automotive, not sure what type his are but maybe you can use the outside of some cheaper ones and put the heated, power, extendable guts out of your in it?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks man...my powerwasher is 4.5hp 2200 max PSI. I had the motor idle about half way, and had the general purpose nosel on it. Never had it problems before... just sucks

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
going to take the pics now. I will check out Stealth. I really like the factory mirrors. I just washed the rest of the truck after happened and left everything where it was and went in side and stared at the wall for awhile... don't think I have ever been that ticked... at least at myself :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Stealth sells factory 08 mirrors, I just don't think they have all of the fancy features. Dfuser.com also sells 08 mirrors.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i went threw the automatic in town when i first got my 08 and the dryer blew it off. few nicks and scratches, told the dealer they bought me new one

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
ive seen em for 400....but they are all manual.

anypics?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright. Got the pics taken... how do I post them to the thread? BTW Thanks for all the input guys, I will check all of these out and let you know what I come up with

1 - 20 of 45 Posts