Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the 3rd Mishimoto radiator I have installed has been leaking for a bit now. Tired of having it spot everywhere I park and having to constantly check and top it off. Just go back to stock, or has anyone found any other options?

·
Registered
799 Posts
OEM. There is a reason they have plastic end tanks. Check your cab mounts to see if they have deteriorated before you put a new rad in.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
The new radiators from Ford, I am told, no longer have the driver side upper bolt. Try leaving that off your next radiator.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yeah, I can never fully believe marketing hype. They do sound good though.
Griffin made a solid cooler for my Jeep- 2 quarts more capacity and more rows. They dont make one for the SD though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mishimoto says they're an upgrade over stock too. Considering my stock one lasted almost 40k before it started dripping, and the Mishi's ranged from 7k to ~25k before they started, not so sure I believe them or anyone else's marketing. The XDP looks interesting, seems to similar to stock with the plastic tanks. Haven't heard too many problems with people's stock replacements either, sure far fewer than those of us that went with Mishi

·
Registered
376 Posts
Which radiator do you have? I bought a Mishimoto MMRAD-F2D-03 but after reading on this forum how it doesn't like heavy duty applications I reached out to Steve @Mishimoto and he hooked me up with a MMRAD-F2D-60 (the actual heavy duty one) for the cost of shipping. They seem to want to keep peeps happy, at least they did for me.

Edit: NVM, I missed that this was a 6.7. Still, he might help you with whatever it is 6.7's like.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just got caught in the mishimoto deal of unloading old parts myself. Not a single one of those guys at support before or after buying the ORIGINAL radiator made any mention that it was an old version. Now im out of town with a truck who wont cool worth a damn towing 5000 lbs in 95 degree weather.

All I gotta do is choke up another 300 bucks and roll the dice again for an updated one.

Not at all pleased with how it’s been handled so far. I could have gotten the right tool for the job and done it once. Now Im ****ed.

Is mishimoto still on this site? I’ve pm them and it’s been crickets.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FWIW, the 3 Mishimoto radiators I went through (2 x version 1 and 1 x Version 2 - difference being the upper supports, aluminum vs. rubber) actually always cooled real well. As long as I kept replenishing the coolant that constantly leaked.

A few months into an XDP and so far so much better...

Anyone interested in some scrap aluminum?

·
Super Moderator
9,450 Posts
Here's their current excuses:

Hi @HeavyAssault ,

I received this customer's PM on Friday and forwarded their concerns to our customer service team. Our customer service team is not in the office over the weekend and we were off for the Labor Day Holiday.

The customer purchased the radiator off of Ebay, not from us directly, but we are doing what we can to help them. As I've said previously, the F2D-03 radiator is designed for light-duty/unmodified trucks and is not an outdated or old-stock product. We've reached out to our distributors to remove mentions of "performance" benefits from marketing information, but we cannot control how every seller communicates. Customer service should be getting back to this customer shortly.

Thanks,
-Steve

WTF????

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ok. Then I wait.

After I bought it I was told it was an OEM replacement. OEM is not light duty. This truck is bone stock other than oil cooler which actually takes more heat load off.

By the way, I’m mostly irritated at the circumstances since I thought I read awesome things about mishimoto and NEEDED a new radiator before a big haul.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Support contacted me. Looks like I’m on the hook for another 300 bucks if I want to roll the dice with the heavier unit. I don’t. Hopefully they will refund the cost of this because I fee like a huge idiot for thinking I was making a good decision and now they’ve admitted over email that the unit is not sufficient or to OEM standards. So...hope my engine holds out because they’ve left me in a huge lurch.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The radiator in my 2015 F350 (yes...6.7) started to leak a bit around the lower drivers side around 58,xxx miles. I was not a happy campter. I replaced it with another Ford OEM radiator. After reading all the posts, I thought I was going to regret not going to the Mishmoto. However, the truck now as 185,xxx miles, and the Ford OEM radiator is hanging in there (no leaks)...knock on wood.

Good luck!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually, I've never heard of anyone having a problem with the OEM replacement. Business partner had one in his '13 for ~100k and no issues. I should have gone that way, but then look at all the fun I've had dealing with leaks...

So, any one got a good idea on what to do with 3 large leaking aluminum radiators?

·
Administrator
21,624 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts