Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the dome light in a 2008 F250? Both light bulbs are out and I need to replace them, but am worried about breaking it. The dealership said that they hate replacing them since they are easily breakable. HELP! Can't see anything at night!

Thanks

·
Now I'm Strokin6.4Liters
2,447 Posts
I just pulled hard on mine and they both popped out in one piece.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Was pretty tight to pull off, but got it.
Didn't even break it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The face if mine broke right off as soon as I pulled very hard. So I just used 4 dabs of super glue and it holds perfect you'd never be able to tell

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good thing you didn't break it. It's 360 bones from the dealer and 180 from Tasca. I broke mine ripping mine down.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Just did this myself (with help from the forum-thnks guys) and the hard yank with your fingers under the edge closest to you was key. I did it 2x's cause the first time I found one bulb had melted to the circuit board and I had to fix it later.
Main thing is i found these LED bulbs on amazon- went right in and are way brighter than stock. try em. $18.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i was worried about breaking my dome housing as well, but finally got it without breaking.
i ordered my lihgts from superbrightleds.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Took my dome light down and found that the plastic housing that the bulb plugs into was not there. That would explain why it was not working. Anyone know where I can find this piece that the bulb plugs into?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts